I've installed the knoppix 4.0 DVD to hard drive and quite happy with it. I've changed /etc/apt.conf so that I use unstable packages by default and have two questions.
1. The fonts of several applications, mostly Gnome ones but also others like Acrobat Reader (7.0 from Marillat's repository), have awfully small fonts and can't find a *good* way to change them. Using the Gnome control center to increase font size fixes that, but ruins the KDE's and most applications' fonts which then look huge. What is causing this and what's the best way to fix it?
2. The gnome-core and other packages show a version 64, but the latest ones in unstable are 1:2.10.1.1. This looks suspicious to me and I wonder if this is some special Knoppix package. If I try to update those, it wants remove gnome-desktop-environment and a couple of other packages (I didn't note whic), and I'm afraid of screwing up if I go ahead. Is it OK to update these packages?
Thanks,

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95
Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019
$49.99
Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB
$27.07
SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP
$400.00
Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply
$25.00
Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28
Cisco / Linksys SPA2102 VoIP 2FXS Phone Adapter with Router (unlocked)
$18.99
Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H
$18.95
Cisco CP-8841 IP Phone Charcoal Handset And Stand Included
$27.99
Cisco CP-8841 IP Phone - Charcoal
$98.95