I've installed the knoppix 4.0 DVD to hard drive and quite happy with it. I've changed /etc/apt.conf so that I use unstable packages by default and have two questions.
1. The fonts of several applications, mostly Gnome ones but also others like Acrobat Reader (7.0 from Marillat's repository), have awfully small fonts and can't find a *good* way to change them. Using the Gnome control center to increase font size fixes that, but ruins the KDE's and most applications' fonts which then look huge. What is causing this and what's the best way to fix it?
2. The gnome-core and other packages show a version 64, but the latest ones in unstable are 1:2.10.1.1. This looks suspicious to me and I wonder if this is some special Knoppix package. If I try to update those, it wants remove gnome-desktop-environment and a couple of other packages (I didn't note whic), and I'm afraid of screwing up if I go ahead. Is it OK to update these packages?
Thanks,

Samsung PM961 512GB PCIe Gen 3x4 NVMe 2280 M.2 SSD MZVLW512HMJP-000D1
$60.00
Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00
Samsung 870 EVO 4TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD (MZ-77E4T0B/AM)
$310.00
Samsung Chromebook 4 11.6" HD, N4000, 6GB, 64GB EMMC, Platinum Titan
$165.00
Samsung 8GB DDR5 5600MHz SODIMM Laptop RAM PC5-44800 CL46 M425R1GB4BB0-CWM
$99.99
Cell Phone Smartphone Computer repair banner poster sign iphone Samsung
$119.99
Samsung SCXSTP000, SCX-STP000 (Swingline Staple Cartridge - 3 Refills)
$57.99
Kids Case for Samsung Galaxy Tab A9+/A9 plus 11 Inch 2023 Case, with Strap, Shoc
$27.99
New Samsung 512GB FIT Plus USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Flash Drive MUF-512AB/AM NEW
$120.00
NEW Samsung NoteBook NT930QCG touch LCD Full Screen Assembly Blue
$225.77