-
Gnome fonts in Knoppix 4.0
I've installed the knoppix 4.0 DVD to hard drive and quite happy with it. I've changed /etc/apt.conf so that I use unstable packages by default and have two questions.
1. The fonts of several applications, mostly Gnome ones but also others like Acrobat Reader (7.0 from Marillat's repository), have awfully small fonts and can't find a *good* way to change them. Using the Gnome control center to increase font size fixes that, but ruins the KDE's and most applications' fonts which then look huge. What is causing this and what's the best way to fix it?
2. The gnome-core and other packages show a version 64, but the latest ones in unstable are 1:2.10.1.1. This looks suspicious to me and I wonder if this is some special Knoppix package. If I try to update those, it wants remove gnome-desktop-environment and a couple of other packages (I didn't note whic), and I'm afraid of screwing up if I go ahead. Is it OK to update these packages?
Thanks,
Similar Threads
-
By mac57 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-27-2005, 07:52 PM
-
By rvijay in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 07-10-2004, 05:54 PM
-
By knoppixusr in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-28-2004, 01:00 PM
-
By beforewisdom in forum Ideas
Replies: 9
Last Post: 12-23-2003, 02:10 PM
-
By gregg in forum General Support
Replies: 11
Last Post: 07-15-2003, 12:32 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$100.00

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$949.00

Western Digital Blue 3D NAND 500GB Internal 2.5" SSD - WDS500G2B0A
$49.99

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$36.99

Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive
$42.99

Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5" SATA III SSD - Preowned
$29.00

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.00

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99

Netac 256GB SSD 2.5'' SATA III 6Gb/s Internal Solid State Drive 500MB/s PC/Latop
$40.00

Netac 120GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Internal SSD 2.5'' SATAIII 6Gb/s Solid State Drive lot
$119.99