-
Need help connecting to the internet
Hello
I'm loving knoppix a lot (I have the v4.0 dvd) but unfortunately I cannot connect to the internet. I used ifconfig and it showed that everything is good but I cannot ping any websites that are not on my network. I am using the built in 10/100 NIC on my motherboard (Intel 865PERL). I used the same copy of knoppix on my brother's computer (he has a ASUS P4P800 SE) and everything worked perfectly including the internet. I tried to use the k menu ->knoppix ->adsl config tool but it says that my PADO packets time out. I have Verizon DSL (1.5 Mbps), with a Linksys BEFSR 41 v2 and a Westell modem. I've searched but as on now cannot find anything that helped. Any help will be greatly appreciated. If this has been answered before can you please refer me to the thread? Thank you all for your time.
One other question: Do you think I should buy a learning linux type book so that I can learn more about how to better run Knoppix and Linux? I really want to learn at least the basics of linux so that I can use it more efficiently. Any suggestions for book titles will be greatly appreciated.
plasmakills
Similar Threads
-
By alok in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-15-2006, 01:07 AM
-
By HornyToad in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 08-26-2005, 09:56 PM
-
By wikid009 in forum Networking
Replies: 5
Last Post: 10-15-2004, 01:30 PM
-
By P.Enguin in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-26-2004, 06:31 PM
-
By Realyze in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 08-20-2003, 06:45 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600
$49.95

Seagate ST12000NM0127 12TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive
$318.99

Seagate ST4000NM0034 Enterprise 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s HDD v4
$39.00

Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive
$14.99

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99

HGST HUS726060ALE610 0F23001 6TB HDD 3.5" SATA 6Gb/s 7.2K Hard Drive (V6315)
$69.95

Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS
$184.99

(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HARD DRIVE
$199.99