-
Junior Member
registered user
Zip drive recognition with Knoppix4.0
How can I get my Iomega Zip 100 internal drive recognized by Knoppix 4.0 "live" DVD ?
I know zip drives are OUT, but I like to use my zip drive as my "Persistant Home" instead of floppy or USB drive.
Knoppix 3.7 is the only version (I`m aware of) that *does* detect my Iomega Zip drive automatically at bootup.
Also, I now own a Viewsonic 19 inch LCD monitor, to which I have to add cheatcode "vga=normal" otherwise I get
vertical flipping screen and MHz error mesage (can`t recall exact message) just after initial bootup screen.
This "flipping" makes it impossible to continue!
Is it necessary to enter specific cheatcode at every boot ?
Thanks in advance
Matt
-
I'd like an answer to this too. My zip100 works in 3.3 and 3.7, but not 3.9 or 4.0.
Similar Threads
-
By TJBalistic in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-07-2007, 10:52 PM
-
By Johnni in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-07-2005, 11:34 PM
-
By softgun in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-29-2004, 06:12 AM
-
By CoolSilver in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 7
Last Post: 06-01-2003, 04:38 AM
-
By Friendly Guy in forum Tips and Tricks
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-23-2003, 08:53 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99

GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5
$189.99

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99

ASUS PRIME Z890-P WIFI Z890 LGA 1851 ATX motherboard, Intel® Core™ Ultra Series
$235.99

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99

MSI B550M PRO-VDH Micro-ATX Motherboard - AMD AM4, Ryzen 5000/4000/3000 Ready, P
$71.49

Asus Prime B660M-A AC D4 Motherboard Intel LGA 1700 14th 13th 12th Gen DDR4
$79.99

ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio
$34.99

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99

Gigabyte GA-B85M-D3H Motherboard
$54.99