-
Knoppix 4.0 Swap File in NTFS
I've been searching for this and can't find anything. I'm getting ready to reformat and reinstall, but I thought I would ask first.
My main OS is Windows XP Professional because several of our support applications are Windows based, but I've been wanting to learn how to use Linux for a while, and I figured Knoppix was a very good place to start. The problem is, being a Live-DVD, Knoppix doesn't automatically save settings. I'm using it on a laptop with only one partition (I've also got a Dell, which my wife uses, and the tiny 30 MB partition that Dell puts on all their computers negates this issue), and it tends to start running slower after using it for a while. I'd like to create a swapfile, and the Swap File Configuration utility advises using the included utility to create a blank image in Windows.
I've got the blank image created (1.5 GB), but, being new to Linux, I don't know how to get this image set up. I've tried to mount it to hdc1, but the the Swap File Configuration util doesn't recognize it.
Should I make the swap file smaller? I'd like to get this configured so that I have a Linux environment I can boot into at any time without reconfiguring or rebooting after too many programs are run.
Any suggestions?
Similar Threads
-
By zette in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-04-2005, 03:03 PM
-
By ddrex in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-07-2005, 04:35 PM
-
By herbyweed in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-07-2005, 06:31 PM
-
By lothario in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-17-2004, 08:46 AM
-
By bongski55 in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-06-2003, 05:50 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW
$13.89

LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to...
$162.04

2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM
$37.99

Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe
$53.99

US Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kits
$13.89

Compressed Air Duster&Vacuum Cleaner, 2-In-1 130000RPM Cordless Air Blower
$69.64

2 in 1 Compressed Air Duster Air Blower & Vacuum Cleaner Cordless Duster Blower
$16.99

Car Vacuum Portable Cordless, 50000Pa High Power Brushless Motor, Rechargeable H
$104.98

Electric Air Duster Blower High Power Cordless Cleaner for PC Laptop Keyboard
$17.99

Cordless Handheld Vacuum Cleaner Compatible with DeWalt 20V Battery
$107.67