-
Junior Member
registered user
Zip drive recognition with Knoppix4.0
How can I get my Iomega Zip 100 internal drive recognized by Knoppix 4.0 "live" DVD ?
I know zip drives are OUT, but I like to use my zip drive as my "Persistant Home" instead of floppy or USB drive.
Knoppix 3.7 is the only version (I`m aware of) that *does* detect my Iomega Zip drive automatically at bootup.
Also, I now own a Viewsonic 19 inch LCD monitor, to which I have to add cheatcode "vga=normal" otherwise I get
vertical flipping screen and MHz error mesage (can`t recall exact message) just after initial bootup screen.
This "flipping" makes it impossible to continue!
Is it necessary to enter specific cheatcode at every boot ?
Thanks in advance
Matt
Similar Threads
-
By TJBalistic in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-07-2007, 10:52 PM
-
By Johnni in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-07-2005, 11:34 PM
-
By softgun in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-29-2004, 06:12 AM
-
By CoolSilver in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 7
Last Post: 06-01-2003, 04:38 AM
-
By Friendly Guy in forum Tips and Tricks
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-23-2003, 08:53 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Apple Mac Pro 2019 1TB OEM SSD Kit-832GB +128GB - 656-0122/ 656-0121
$69.99

Samsung 1TB SSD BM91H 1TB (MZ-VMA1T00) Internal SSD M.2
$135.00

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99

1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive
$86.95

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1746.47

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$545.25

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$330.73