Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Zip drive recognition with Knoppix4.0

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    14

    Zip drive recognition with Knoppix4.0

    How can I get my Iomega Zip 100 internal drive recognized by Knoppix 4.0 "live" DVD ?
    I know zip drives are OUT, but I like to use my zip drive as my "Persistant Home" instead of floppy or USB drive.
    Knoppix 3.7 is the only version (I`m aware of) that *does* detect my Iomega Zip drive automatically at bootup.

    Also, I now own a Viewsonic 19 inch LCD monitor, to which I have to add cheatcode "vga=normal" otherwise I get
    vertical flipping screen and MHz error mesage (can`t recall exact message) just after initial bootup screen.
    This "flipping" makes it impossible to continue!
    Is it necessary to enter specific cheatcode at every boot ?

    Thanks in advance

    Matt

  2. #2
    I'd like an answer to this too. My zip100 works in 3.3 and 3.7, but not 3.9 or 4.0.

Similar Threads

  1. USB Flash Drive Recognition
    By TJBalistic in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-07-2007, 10:52 PM
  2. Hard Drive Recognition
    By Johnni in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-07-2005, 11:34 PM
  3. auto recognition of USB pen drive after HDD
    By softgun in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-29-2004, 06:12 AM
  4. MSI CD-RW drive recognition problem
    By CoolSilver in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-01-2003, 04:38 AM
  5. Easy Zip Drive Recognition
    By Friendly Guy in forum Tips and Tricks
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-23-2003, 08:53 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Samsung 2.5

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot

$100.00



Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot picture

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot

$259.00



Micron MTFDDAK256TBN 256 GB, Internal ,2.5

Micron MTFDDAK256TBN 256 GB, Internal ,2.5" SSD

$23.00



Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -

$39.99



Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1

$99.99



Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5

Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5" SATA III SSD - Preowned

$29.00



Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive picture

Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive

$42.99



2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON picture

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON

$28.00



Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive - Black...

$30.00



Netac 256GB SSD 2.5'' SATA III 6Gb/s Internal Solid State Drive 500MB/s PC/Latop picture

Netac 256GB SSD 2.5'' SATA III 6Gb/s Internal Solid State Drive 500MB/s PC/Latop

$40.00