Ahh, this old problem. I am a Linux novice, but I quickyl became acquaitned with the taint of getting wireless setup with my first foray into Linux, Ubuntu. After a while, I had finally gotten it--and I remembered all the tricks perfectly; modprobe, lnxreq, the works. Of course--I still never solved the fact that the connection would just drop sometimes. But that's another story.
Now onto Knoppix 3.9. I am thoroughly impressed--and I want to use this badly. But I see, once again, that the forums are filled with people with similarly vague problems.
My problem is this: using the typical commands, ie rmmod prism2_usb and subsequent commands, yield nothing: indeed, I am told there is no such module in /proc/modules. Is prism2_usb on there *anywhere*? Do I have to put it on my hard drive first (annoyingly, I suppose)? If so--what specific files? Ubuntu had them in there, somewhere, I just had to enable them.
I really, really would like to explore Knoppix and anyone who could help would receive my utmost gratitude.
I am also curious as to how I would edit files: I actually see some things I believe I could tinker with, but I can't save anything, this being a livecd. LiveCDs are *very very* attractive to me, but I have only tinkered with them briefly before--namely, in environments where it was fully functional. So, what do I do if such and such a text file needs a few extra lines?

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 Laptop 14” HD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$334.99
Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50
Lenovo Thinkpad T14 Gen 1 14.0" 16GB 512GB, BLACK
$285.99
Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Yoga Gen 6 14" 16GB, Storm Gray
$356.80
Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 15.1" WQXGA OLED 165Hz Core i9-14900HX 16GB 1TB RTX 5070
$1469.00
Lenovo Thinkpad T14 Gen 2i 14" 16GB 512GB, Black
$313.00
Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14" AMD Ryzen 5 16GB 256GB SSD
$219.99
Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11
$374.99
Lenovo Thinkbook 14s Yoga ITL 14” Core i7-1165G7, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD Touch
$379.00
Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$242.00