Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Help running automatic script

  1. #1

    Help running automatic script

    I need to run a script when KNOPPIX boots.
    I have tried using a script called from knoppix.sh, but some utilities do not seem to work right. Also, 'echo' and 'select' do not seem to work.
    My script works just fine from the command line window.
    (using dd, sfdisk, and partimage)

    I know MS very well, but I am just starting Linux. I am looking for something like the 'startup' directory in windows.

    Thank you for any suggestions.

    Also, when I get everything working, I will post the scripts.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Saint Louis, MO, USA
    Posts
    376

    Re: Help running automatic script

    Quote Originally Posted by mclae
    I need to run a script when KNOPPIX boots.
    What version of Knoppix are you using?

    I've modified the knoppix.sh script, which includes an echo command, and it works just fine with Knoppix 3.8.2.

    Quote Originally Posted by mclae
    Also, when I get everything working, I will post the scripts.
    Yes, please do. And thanks in advance for doing that.

    Regards,
    - Robert
    http://www.cwelug.org

Similar Threads

  1. Running script on boot up
    By fenzda in forum General Support
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-07-2008, 02:27 PM
  2. running shell script
    By splittik in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-22-2005, 07:38 AM
  3. Replies: 45
    Last Post: 05-18-2004, 02:10 AM
  4. Running Script to find FATX
    By .-=Ronin=-. in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-08-2004, 03:40 PM
  5. running a script at boot
    By Gatorex in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-19-2004, 05:26 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR4 Gamer Desktop RAM PC4 MIXED BRANDS picture

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR4 Gamer Desktop RAM PC4 MIXED BRANDS

$65.00



128gb DDR4 Ram Hpyerx HX430C15PB3K8/128 16x8 3000 MHZ CL15 Tested Read DESC picture

128gb DDR4 Ram Hpyerx HX430C15PB3K8/128 16x8 3000 MHZ CL15 Tested Read DESC

$300.00



Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit picture

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit

$99.99



Samsung 8GB DDR4 SO-DIMM PC4-3200AA 260-Pin RAM M471A1G44BB0-CWE Module picture

Samsung 8GB DDR4 SO-DIMM PC4-3200AA 260-Pin RAM M471A1G44BB0-CWE Module

$29.25



Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 128GB 4x32GB DDR4 3600MHz C18 RAM Kit picture

Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 128GB 4x32GB DDR4 3600MHz C18 RAM Kit

$770.00



A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G picture

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G

$21.68



50x RAM Box Tray DDR2 DDR3 DDR4 DDR5 ESD DIMM Memory Shipping Storage Transport picture

50x RAM Box Tray DDR2 DDR3 DDR4 DDR5 ESD DIMM Memory Shipping Storage Transport

$9.99



MINT Micron Cisco 32GB PC4-2400T DDR4 2Rx4 RDIMM RAM MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G3 LOT picture

MINT Micron Cisco 32GB PC4-2400T DDR4 2Rx4 RDIMM RAM MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G3 LOT

$159.99



6x Kingston KSM24SES8/8ME 8GB ECC + 3x DDR4 SO-DIMM RAM Lot picture

6x Kingston KSM24SES8/8ME 8GB ECC + 3x DDR4 SO-DIMM RAM Lot

$222.00



Wintec 32GB (2 X 16GB) & 64GB (4 X 16GB) DDR3 1333MHz PC3-10600R Reg ECC picture

Wintec 32GB (2 X 16GB) & 64GB (4 X 16GB) DDR3 1333MHz PC3-10600R Reg ECC

$89.99