Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Help running automatic script

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    Help running automatic script

    I need to run a script when KNOPPIX boots.
    I have tried using a script called from knoppix.sh, but some utilities do not seem to work right. Also, 'echo' and 'select' do not seem to work.
    My script works just fine from the command line window.
    (using dd, sfdisk, and partimage)

    I know MS very well, but I am just starting Linux. I am looking for something like the 'startup' directory in windows.

    Thank you for any suggestions.

    Also, when I get everything working, I will post the scripts.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Saint Louis, MO, USA
    Posts
    376

    Re: Help running automatic script

    Quote Originally Posted by mclae
    I need to run a script when KNOPPIX boots.
    What version of Knoppix are you using?

    I've modified the knoppix.sh script, which includes an echo command, and it works just fine with Knoppix 3.8.2.

    Quote Originally Posted by mclae
    Also, when I get everything working, I will post the scripts.
    Yes, please do. And thanks in advance for doing that.

    Regards,
    - Robert
    http://www.cwelug.org

Similar Threads

  1. Running script on boot up
    By fenzda in forum General Support
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-07-2008, 02:27 PM
  2. running shell script
    By splittik in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-22-2005, 07:38 AM
  3. Replies: 45
    Last Post: 05-18-2004, 02:10 AM
  4. Running Script to find FATX
    By .-=Ronin=-. in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-08-2004, 03:40 PM
  5. running a script at boot
    By Gatorex in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-19-2004, 05:26 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX picture

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX

$59.99



ASRock Z890 Nova WiFi LGA 1851 Intel Z890 ATX Motherboard picture

ASRock Z890 Nova WiFi LGA 1851 Intel Z890 ATX Motherboard

$184.99



Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery picture

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery

$54.99



MSI B460m-Bomber LGA 1200 Intel 10th Gen B460 M-ATX Intel Motherboard picture

MSI B460m-Bomber LGA 1200 Intel 10th Gen B460 M-ATX Intel Motherboard

$59.99



GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard picture

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard

$59.99



ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI  ATX RGB picture

ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI ATX RGB

$69.99



⁠Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)⁠ picture

⁠Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)⁠

$29.99



ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard picture

ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

$76.49



ASUS B85M-G/B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI for Inter 4thCPU picture

ASUS B85M-G/B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI for Inter 4thCPU

$45.00



ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield picture

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield

$84.99