Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Help running automatic script

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    Help running automatic script

    I need to run a script when KNOPPIX boots.
    I have tried using a script called from knoppix.sh, but some utilities do not seem to work right. Also, 'echo' and 'select' do not seem to work.
    My script works just fine from the command line window.
    (using dd, sfdisk, and partimage)

    I know MS very well, but I am just starting Linux. I am looking for something like the 'startup' directory in windows.

    Thank you for any suggestions.

    Also, when I get everything working, I will post the scripts.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Saint Louis, MO, USA
    Posts
    376

    Re: Help running automatic script

    Quote Originally Posted by mclae
    I need to run a script when KNOPPIX boots.
    What version of Knoppix are you using?

    I've modified the knoppix.sh script, which includes an echo command, and it works just fine with Knoppix 3.8.2.

    Quote Originally Posted by mclae
    Also, when I get everything working, I will post the scripts.
    Yes, please do. And thanks in advance for doing that.

    Regards,
    - Robert
    http://www.cwelug.org

Similar Threads

  1. Running script on boot up
    By fenzda in forum General Support
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-07-2008, 02:27 PM
  2. running shell script
    By splittik in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-22-2005, 07:38 AM
  3. Replies: 45
    Last Post: 05-18-2004, 02:10 AM
  4. Running Script to find FATX
    By .-=Ronin=-. in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-08-2004, 03:40 PM
  5. running a script at boot
    By Gatorex in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-19-2004, 05:26 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


SK Hynix Server Memory 32GB (1x32GB) RAM DDR4 2400MHz HMA84GR7MFR4N Lot of 12 picture

SK Hynix Server Memory 32GB (1x32GB) RAM DDR4 2400MHz HMA84GR7MFR4N Lot of 12

$1599.99



SK Hynix 32GB (4 x 8GB) DIMM DDR4 2133 2Rx8 ECC Memory RAM HMA41GR7AFR8N picture

SK Hynix 32GB (4 x 8GB) DIMM DDR4 2133 2Rx8 ECC Memory RAM HMA41GR7AFR8N

$109.99



2 in 1 USB 3.0 Card Reader Micro TF card Reader usb adapter High Speed Cardreder picture

2 in 1 USB 3.0 Card Reader Micro TF card Reader usb adapter High Speed Cardreder

$3.99



x4 Intel 128GB NMB1XXD128GPS Optane Memory 200 Series PMEM Module 3200 DDR4 RAM picture

x4 Intel 128GB NMB1XXD128GPS Optane Memory 200 Series PMEM Module 3200 DDR4 RAM

$329.99



Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



SK Hynix 64B PC4-2933Y Server Memory DDR4 RAM HMAA8GR7MJR4N-WM picture

SK Hynix 64B PC4-2933Y Server Memory DDR4 RAM HMAA8GR7MJR4N-WM

$499.99



Samsung (8X16GB) 128GB 2Rx8 PC4-3200AA-RE2-12 Registered ECC Memory DDR4 picture

Samsung (8X16GB) 128GB 2Rx8 PC4-3200AA-RE2-12 Registered ECC Memory DDR4

$849.99



Samsung 96GB LPCAMM2 PC5 9600 FE1 E1 LPDDR5X CAMM2 M561K6LC3CL1-CCV DDR5 Memory picture

Samsung 96GB LPCAMM2 PC5 9600 FE1 E1 LPDDR5X CAMM2 M561K6LC3CL1-CCV DDR5 Memory

$2150.00



2 Pack USB C SD TF Card Reader Adapter Zinc Alloy USB-C to USB for iPhone 15-17 picture

2 Pack USB C SD TF Card Reader Adapter Zinc Alloy USB-C to USB for iPhone 15-17

$3.35



MICRON MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G6E1 | 32GB PC4-2666V ECC RDIMM Server RAM picture

MICRON MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G6E1 | 32GB PC4-2666V ECC RDIMM Server RAM

$184.95