-
Can't get minicom working on Thinkpad A30 as serial console
Hi all,
I want to use an IBM Thinkpad A30 as a console terminal for other UNIX servers. For that, I have a KNOPPIX 3.6 bootable CD.
After connecting the A30 by serial cable to an AIX machine and booting from CD, I can't get a login session.
I'm trying it with minicom, no login appears from the connected UNIX.
The serial port on the AIX node is enabled for logins and set to 19200, 8N1, XON/XOFF.
When I start Windows on the A30 and use Hyperterminal, it works as expected, I can connect (through COM1) an login to the UNIX machine without troubles. So the setup on the AIX side seems to be ok.
On the KNOPPIX side, I'm not really sure, if the serial port is really enabled with KNOPPIX 3.6 from CD boot.
"dmesg |grep tty" doesn't show anything.
As I can see in /dev, KNOPPIX has generated tty devices. But I'm not sure which to select for the communication over the COM1 port of the A30 (ttyS0, tty1, psaux, console, ......).
Any tips?
Thanks and Regards
Martin
-
minicom ports
The equivelent ports are:
COM1 = /dev/ttyS0
COM2 = /dev/ttyS1
Hope that helps.
I'm having a different issue...
Minicom comes up fine, but color ANSI stuff that works perfectly in HyperTerminal is just ASCI garbage on mincom. I refuse to believe there is no equivelent functionality to HyperTerminal in KNOPPIX. Please tell me where it is.
Thank you.
Similar Threads
-
By maxim9 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-03-2007, 11:36 PM
-
By jimmi in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-31-2007, 12:12 PM
-
By wt8e7 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-30-2006, 08:52 AM
-
By Jordi in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-14-2005, 11:59 AM
-
By adammorley in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 07-08-2003, 08:15 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99

Seagate ST8000DM004 8TB 3.5" 6Gb/s 256MB SATA HDD P/N: 2CX188-300 Tested
$149.99

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00

(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HARD DRIVE
$199.99

Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive
$14.99

HGST Ultrastar 7K4000 3TB 7200RPM SATA III 3.5" Hard Drive HDD HUS724030ALA640
$39.99

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99

HGST HUA723030ALA640 3TB SATA 7200 RPM 3.5 in Enterprise HDD | 0F14044 (100%)
$45.00

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600
$49.95

Western Digital Red WD60EFRX-68MYMN1 6 TB,Internal,5400 RPM,3.5 inch Hard Drive
$179.99