-
Can't get minicom working on Thinkpad A30 as serial console
Hi all,
I want to use an IBM Thinkpad A30 as a console terminal for other UNIX servers. For that, I have a KNOPPIX 3.6 bootable CD.
After connecting the A30 by serial cable to an AIX machine and booting from CD, I can't get a login session.
I'm trying it with minicom, no login appears from the connected UNIX.
The serial port on the AIX node is enabled for logins and set to 19200, 8N1, XON/XOFF.
When I start Windows on the A30 and use Hyperterminal, it works as expected, I can connect (through COM1) an login to the UNIX machine without troubles. So the setup on the AIX side seems to be ok.
On the KNOPPIX side, I'm not really sure, if the serial port is really enabled with KNOPPIX 3.6 from CD boot.
"dmesg |grep tty" doesn't show anything.
As I can see in /dev, KNOPPIX has generated tty devices. But I'm not sure which to select for the communication over the COM1 port of the A30 (ttyS0, tty1, psaux, console, ......).
Any tips?
Thanks and Regards
Martin
Similar Threads
-
By maxim9 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-03-2007, 11:36 PM
-
By jimmi in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-31-2007, 12:12 PM
-
By wt8e7 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-30-2006, 08:52 AM
-
By Jordi in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-14-2005, 11:59 AM
-
By adammorley in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 07-08-2003, 08:15 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

MTC8C1084S1SC56BD1 Micron 16GB DDR5 1Rx8 PC5-5600B 5600Mhz SO-DIMM Memory
$149.99

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY
$10.00

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99

Samsung 16GB LPCAMM2 PC5 7500 DDR5 LPDDR5X CAMM2 M561K1LC4DM0-CCTGM RAM Memory
$189.00

G.SKILL FLARE X5 64GB (2 x 32GB) 6000 MT/s DDR5 (AMD EXPO + INTEL XMP) *CL30*
$785.00

DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix
$66.00

Micron 32GB 1x32GB DDR5 5600 CL46 ECC Unbuffered SO-DIMM MTC20C2085S1TC56BD1
$399.00

Samsung 2 x 8GB DDR4 RAM 3200 MHz
$59.99