Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: I really want to make sure before I being...

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    3

    I really want to make sure before I being...

    Hi,

    I currently have a Windows 98SE system with two hard drives:
    • 8GB ( C: drive with Windows on it )
      40GB ( partitioned into two partitions - D: and E: )
      [list:4503f8c1f4]D: is formatted for Windows use
      E: was reserved for a Linux installation and is unformatted (it shows as dev/hb5)
    [/list:u:4503f8c1f4]
    Can I install Knoppix into that E: partition and have a dual-boot system?
    Do I need to partition the E: drive further before the install or can I do it during the install?
    What do I need to be careful of during the installation process?
    Any other words of advice?

    Thanks in advance.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY USA
    Posts
    1,510
    There is a HowTo guide for the HD install at http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Hd_Install_HowTo
    It describes the need for a data partition & a swap partition, so you will have to remove the current hdb5, then make a new hdb5 swap partition and a hdb6 linux data partition.

    Please read the HowTo guide as it contains tip & warnings about the HD Install.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    3
    Thanks for the quick response. Is there more to that article than just a couple of paragraphs? I was hoping for a more detailed discussion.

    Thanks.

Similar Threads

  1. make problems
    By punk000 in forum General Support
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-06-2004, 08:21 PM
  2. How can I make a backup using K3b...
    By KnopperX in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-26-2004, 07:22 PM
  3. make xconfig
    By manfred2k3 in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-21-2004, 09:07 PM
  4. make menuconfig / make dep
    By Lord1981 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-04-2004, 10:19 PM
  5. Should I make a 3.3 CD?
    By Kethinov in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-29-2003, 08:42 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack picture

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack

$826.09



Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11 picture

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11

$62.50



LOT OF 3 Micron 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-3200AA DDR4 ECC Server Memory picture

LOT OF 3 Micron 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-3200AA DDR4 ECC Server Memory

$255.00



TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot picture

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot

$573.98



128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK picture

128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK

$799.00



USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot picture

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot

$3.75



READ Micron Cisco 32GB PC4-2400T DDR4 2Rx4 RDIMM RAM MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G3 LOT picture

READ Micron Cisco 32GB PC4-2400T DDR4 2Rx4 RDIMM RAM MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G3 LOT

$149.99



MINT Micron Cisco 32GB PC4-2400T DDR4 2Rx4 RDIMM RAM MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G3 LOT picture

MINT Micron Cisco 32GB PC4-2400T DDR4 2Rx4 RDIMM RAM MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G3 LOT

$159.99



Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1GB 2GB 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick picture

Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1GB 2GB 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick

$378.00



5 in 1 Memory Card Reader USB 3.0 OTG Adapter SD Card Reader For iPhone/iPad LOT picture

5 in 1 Memory Card Reader USB 3.0 OTG Adapter SD Card Reader For iPhone/iPad LOT

$9.99