-
I really want to make sure before I being...
Hi,
I currently have a Windows 98SE system with two hard drives:
- 8GB ( C: drive with Windows on it )
40GB ( partitioned into two partitions - D: and E: )
[list:4503f8c1f4]D: is formatted for Windows use
E: was reserved for a Linux installation and is unformatted (it shows as dev/hb5)
[/list:u:4503f8c1f4]
Can I install Knoppix into that E: partition and have a dual-boot system?
Do I need to partition the E: drive further before the install or can I do it during the install?
What do I need to be careful of during the installation process?
Any other words of advice?
Thanks in advance.
Similar Threads
-
By punk000 in forum General Support
Replies: 8
Last Post: 03-06-2004, 08:21 PM
-
By KnopperX in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-26-2004, 07:22 PM
-
By manfred2k3 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-21-2004, 09:07 PM
-
By Lord1981 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 6
Last Post: 01-04-2004, 10:19 PM
-
By Kethinov in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-29-2003, 08:42 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Apple Mac Pro 2019 1TB OEM SSD Kit-768GB +384GB - 656-0119/ 656-0120
$69.99

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$330.73

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1746.47

1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive
$86.95

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99

Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot
$129.99

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$545.25

Dell Latitude 15.6” FHD Core i5 Laptop PC Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11
$489.92