-
First hurdle in installing to HD
I am trying to use qtparted to delete and format a partition for installation. However, it always shows the device as busy and won't actually do anything with it.
The partition is the second half of a 40GB drive, which is the second drive in the system. It is reported as hdb2 with hdb5 uder it. I have tried to delete both of these entities, but with no luck.
How can I release this partition for deleting? umount doesn't seem to work since it is not mounted. The partition itself was left unformatted. Do I have to umount the whole drive?
I hesitate to try fdisk since I am not comfortable with using it.
Any ideas?
Thanks.
Similar Threads
-
By Phar_Ted in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-24-2005, 07:18 PM
-
By Rib in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-07-2004, 12:43 PM
-
By jza in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-03-2003, 11:30 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$100.00

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$39.99

SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL SOLID STATE DRIVE
$189.99

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99

Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5" SATA III SSD - Preowned
$29.00

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.00

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive - Black...
$30.00

Intel Solid-State Drive DC S3500 Series 240GB Internal 2.5" (SSDSC2BB240G4P) SSD
$29.99