-
unable to repair broken packages
Hi,
With the help of great tips on this forum I was able to successfully boot Knoppix on my diskless laptop and do a "poor man" install on external USB hard disk. I boot from the Knoppix cd and then do pivot_root to fire up the debian on the usb disk. All worked fine for few months and then a few days back one of the package upgrade has created havoc - I am not sure what happenned but here is the problem :
- when i try to install any package or do apt-get dist-upgrade ( and any dpkg -i installyion ) I get the following error :
dpkg: serious warning: files list file for package `kppp' missing, assuming package has no files currently installed.
dpkg: error processing <package> : files list file for package `kpf' is missing final newline.
Processing was halted becasue there were too many errors
becasue of these errors I am unable to install, remove or upgrade any package - except apt-get update nothing works. I have browsed through several forums and used all techinques to reinstall kppp / kpf, delete them, force ignore them etc but nothing has worked. Before I am forced to reinstall debian afresh on my disk from scratch, I want to make this last attempt to find if any of you have faced this probelm and how could I possibly fix this ?
Similar Threads
-
By silver in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-30-2007, 01:48 AM
-
By Jamsh in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-04-2007, 11:09 AM
-
By Claus33 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-25-2007, 12:00 PM
-
By ve.ru in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-05-2006, 02:47 PM
-
By muczy in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-07-2004, 12:38 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99

Glyph StudioRAID 28TB External RAID Hard Drive Thunderbolt 2 USB 3.0 7200RPM
$300.00

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00

Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003
$639.69

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2
$119.99

WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure
$119.99

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95

Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA Drives External Array
$55.00

Intel® Integrated RAID Mezzanine Module RMS3HC080 SAS/SATA H24093-204
$24.97

Adaptec ASR-71605 16-Port 1Gbps PCIe RAID Card High Profile
$18.49