-
unable to repair broken packages
Hi,
With the help of great tips on this forum I was able to successfully boot Knoppix on my diskless laptop and do a "poor man" install on external USB hard disk. I boot from the Knoppix cd and then do pivot_root to fire up the debian on the usb disk. All worked fine for few months and then a few days back one of the package upgrade has created havoc - I am not sure what happenned but here is the problem :
- when i try to install any package or do apt-get dist-upgrade ( and any dpkg -i installyion ) I get the following error :
dpkg: serious warning: files list file for package `kppp' missing, assuming package has no files currently installed.
dpkg: error processing <package> : files list file for package `kpf' is missing final newline.
Processing was halted becasue there were too many errors
becasue of these errors I am unable to install, remove or upgrade any package - except apt-get update nothing works. I have browsed through several forums and used all techinques to reinstall kppp / kpf, delete them, force ignore them etc but nothing has worked. Before I am forced to reinstall debian afresh on my disk from scratch, I want to make this last attempt to find if any of you have faced this probelm and how could I possibly fix this ?
Similar Threads
-
By silver in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-30-2007, 01:48 AM
-
By Jamsh in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-04-2007, 11:09 AM
-
By Claus33 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-25-2007, 12:00 PM
-
By ve.ru in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-05-2006, 02:47 PM
-
By muczy in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-07-2004, 12:38 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2
$81.99

SAMSUNG FIT PLUS 128GB USB 3.1 Flash Drive - fully working & authentic
$24.95

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00

Samsung 870 EVO 4TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD (MZ-77E4T0B/AM)
$310.00

Samsung PM961 512GB PCIe Gen 3x4 NVMe 2280 M.2 SSD MZVLW512HMJP-000D1
$60.00

RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4
$93.99

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro
$81.99

Samsung 8GB DDR5 5600MHz SODIMM Laptop RAM PC5-44800 CL46 M425R1GB4BB0-CWM
$99.99

Samsung Galaxy Tab S10+ 12.4" 256GB 12GB Gray Wi-Fi AMOLED Android
$580.00

Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 FE 5G SM-T738U 12.4" Tablet Gray 64GB T-Mobile CRACKED
$82.68