Only one place to type it. You can type the F2 key at that poinr to get more help. Are you typing the name Knoppix too, or just the screen= stuff?
Hi, Having got Knoppix up and running I can only use 640x480 resoluion. I have tried cheat code screen=1024x768, but it makes no difference. Am I typing it at the right point? (The first chance I have to type anything?)
When I check display settings I only have the one 640x460 choice.
Thanks for your help,
Rich
(Took this question out of my previous post, thought it might get buried in there and might be hard to see for others with similar problems!)
Only one place to type it. You can type the F2 key at that poinr to get more help. Are you typing the name Knoppix too, or just the screen= stuff?
Yes I am typing "knoppix screen=1024x768" but with no effect?
Originally Posted by Harry Kuhman
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.
I tried F2 but to no avail, it still doesn't make a difference.
I tried fb=1024x768 appended to knoppix as well.
Does knoppix have to be Knoppix? Is it case sensitive?
In versioon 3.7 ot could be knoppix or knoppix26. It is the name of the kernel file that is loaded. Version 2.6 (as opposed to 2.4) of the kernel is now the default, so I think that it's the only viable option to run knoppix, although memtest will load a copy of memtest86 for you. I don't know anout case sensitivity, and am not in a position to test that at the moment. I just type it as instructed and it becomes a non-issue.Originally Posted by giant_toaster
Oh, and if I remember right, expert, used in place of knoppix in this line, is the proper way to start the expert bootup sequence which steps you through and asks questions as it decides what hardware tests to run.
do you have integrated graphics?
i had a problem changing resolutions when i was using integrated graphics.
Yes i do have Intel Integrated graphics. What did you do?
I'm going home to try out those different kernel settings today.
Hopefully it will work...

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99
Dell PowerEdge R240 Intel Xeon E-2224 3.50GHz 8GB DDR4 ECC NO HDD 250W
$285.97
Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700
$289.99
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99
Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores | 32gb | HBA330 | 2x 1...
$324.99