-
Knoppix Newbie Questions
Hi all!
Having been curious about Knoppix for a bit- Finally took the plunge and installed a copy of 3.6 to a spare HD. Overall, I'm interested in it- but have a few thoughts and questions.
My hardware-
AMD 3000 64
MSI Neo FIS2R Mb
1 gb Memory
Integrated SB 5.1 sound
ATI Radeon 9600 series 256 mb memory
1st question- How can you install devices not detected? In particular my integrated Gigabyte Network is not detected. Realtek shows linux drivers- but I'm "bumfuzzled" on how you actually install them.
2. I'm stuck in the middle of nowhrere using dialup. When I go to set up my modem, I can only find one device that shows that the modem (a lucent chipset)is ready- but when I query it, it sends out the commands- but shows no responses. When I try to dial up- sticks in the "initailizing" stage. I've downloaded the "scanmodem" tool, but have yet to figure out how to use it yet
-
Installing devices
I may be wrong, but you can install softwares either through command line or through KPackage.
Look for the command apt-get install <package name> or dpkg -i <package name> from the command line, or just write kpackage on the Run command textbox and it opens up a windows Add/Remove like Interface. However, you will have to search for your .deb package from the net first..or use apt command.
-
Administrator
Site Admin-
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.
Similar Threads
-
By Yojimbo in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 12-18-2004, 10:33 PM
-
By d_jedi in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 07-21-2004, 03:34 PM
-
By Dave6383 in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-21-2004, 08:02 PM
-
By Xeogears13 in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 10-29-2003, 05:57 AM
-
By digitaldeity in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 08-14-2003, 03:35 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Amiga Model 1080 RGB color CRT monitor - Parts Or Repair - Doesn’t Power On
$100.00

ALS Storage Box with Assorted Amiga Format 3.5" Floppy Disks
$199.00

Microbotics Starboard 2MB + SCSI Sidecar for Amiga 1000 Vintage Computer READ
$329.00

HighFlyer Amiga 4000 Tower & Bus Extender, Expansion Systems A4000T Kit
$888.50

Amiga 1000 Computer w/ Monitor Keyboard Mouse Disc Drive Sidecar Expansion Discs
$895.00

Commodore Amiga 4000 Motherboard Rev B - untested
$225.00

Amiga Emplant Emulator Card For Commodore Amiga 2000 4000 3000
$249.00

(10) BOXED Games for Commodore Amiga 500 600 1000 1200 2000 3000(T) 4000(T)
$329.98

External fully assembled GreaseWeazle 3.5 inch Floppy Drive
$135.00

RGB2HDMI Amiga 500 UltraLong (Accelerator Friendly) HDMI Games, non-RTG A500
$50.00