-
Knoppix Newbie Questions
Hi all!
Having been curious about Knoppix for a bit- Finally took the plunge and installed a copy of 3.6 to a spare HD. Overall, I'm interested in it- but have a few thoughts and questions.
My hardware-
AMD 3000 64
MSI Neo FIS2R Mb
1 gb Memory
Integrated SB 5.1 sound
ATI Radeon 9600 series 256 mb memory
1st question- How can you install devices not detected? In particular my integrated Gigabyte Network is not detected. Realtek shows linux drivers- but I'm "bumfuzzled" on how you actually install them.
2. I'm stuck in the middle of nowhrere using dialup. When I go to set up my modem, I can only find one device that shows that the modem (a lucent chipset)is ready- but when I query it, it sends out the commands- but shows no responses. When I try to dial up- sticks in the "initailizing" stage. I've downloaded the "scanmodem" tool, but have yet to figure out how to use it yet
Similar Threads
-
By Yojimbo in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 12-18-2004, 10:33 PM
-
By d_jedi in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 07-21-2004, 03:34 PM
-
By Dave6383 in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-21-2004, 08:02 PM
-
By Xeogears13 in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 10-29-2003, 05:57 AM
-
By digitaldeity in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 08-14-2003, 03:35 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597
$36.98

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64

Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00

Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks
$224.95

NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless
$25.99