3d support for ATI Radeon 9600 cards would be awesome!
3d support for ATI Radeon 9600 cards would be awesome!
A little Google searching will get you a lot of information. Try this link for starters.
I expect that if you want to do the things described in the above link, you will be much better off installing a distro of Linux intended for hard disk rather than Knoppix (which was not). I would suggest Debian, the distro Knoppix is based on. You could then prtty much load all of the KNoppix applications that you want from the Debian package system. It would be a shame to install Knoppix, struggle to make changes, and then struggle to make changes again when the next release comes out (it was promised "real soon now" two weeks ago). And don't look for copies of the ATI drivers to be included in Knoppix any time soon. My understanding is that they are not released on a license that would freely allow Klaus to include them on the CD or DVD. If that's what you really want then you and many others need to give feedback to ATI to revise the license.
I really appreciate your feedback and thank you for the link provided as well. I went to the ATI site itself and found a link RADEON 8500 Series and higher for linux x86.. at the ati site .and I was wondering if that means include the 9600 series as well? I am still looking around to see where I can contact an ATI personel to ask about drivers for 9600 series. Again thanks for the info...
Hi hyp4knoppix,
I am using the same card on an asus mbd (K8V-X) with an AMD-64Bit 2800+ CPU (1804Mhz),
so if you were able to find the drivers that fit: You would make me very happy too!
Monkey 9.

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1625.00
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
VMware vCenter Server 8 STANDARD Perpetual License Key VC-STD-C (Legacy Pack)
$1599.95
867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$225.00
Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88
Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$368.00
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99
Windows Server 2025 datacenter 64bit 24 Core 50 cal DVD + PRODUCT LICENSE KEY
$44.54
RDS CAL - Remote Desktop Services Windows Server 2019 50 User/Device Connections
$63.00