-
Problems downloading 4.0 with BitTorrent
Hi!
I am using the Windows version of the official BitTorrent client (version 4.0.4) to attempt to download the Knoppix 4.0 DVD, and I have failed three times in a row. The first time the download looked like it succeeded, and it has exactly the right file size (3,324,309,504 bytes), but the md5 checksum is different - my file has a checksum of 93bdf7486bcd8c0d4621814b6ea5cea8, whereas, according to KNOPPIX_V4.0DVD-2005-08-16-EN.iso.md5 it should be e6f1f7ca323fec7d9c9ad164e212a4ca.
I got the .torrent file for this first download from the BitTorrent search, and I don't remember exactly which site it pointed me at, but that .torrent file seems to be identical to the one I subsequently downloaded through knoppix.com.
The last two times, the download stopped at around 2.9 GB and 2.3 GB respectively, each time claiming some problem on the harddrive, and suggesting that I might be running the torrent twice (which I wasn't).
I would love to get this DVD burned, and I would love to continue seeding with BitTorrent, but I don't dare to share a file that, for all I know, is bad. Any help/suggestions would be very much appreciated!
Thanks!
Similar Threads
-
By Jorge Martínez in forum General Support
Replies: 19
Last Post: 09-20-2005, 08:08 PM
-
By jacksonon in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 09-05-2005, 10:37 PM
-
By TheChemist187 in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-30-2005, 07:07 AM
-
By TheChemist187 in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-29-2005, 07:11 PM
-
By mcguire303 in forum General Support
Replies: 20
Last Post: 04-16-2003, 07:07 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor
$50.00

Genuine Intel Xeon W-2145 3.70Ghz 8 Cores LGA2066 CPU SR3LQ Tested USA SELLER
$94.94

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49

Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA
$350.48

INTEL XEON E5-2680V4 SR2N7 2.40GHZ CPU
$12.00

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00

Dell Precision T1700 Workstation Intel Xeon 16G Ram 256GG SSD Nvidia 600 Win 10
$109.99