-
Junior Member
registered user
Thanks so much for your help. I'll try to download it from another torrent (if I can find one, I only found the one on the knoppix website, but I didn't really look that hard for one). Thanks again.
-
Administrator
Site Admin-

Originally Posted by
Corvette
Thanks so much for your help. I'll try to download it from another torrent (if I can find one, I only found the one on the knoppix website, but I didn't really look that hard for one). Thanks again.
I don't think you want another torrent; there's only one official one for the Knoppix DVD's (one each for English and German), and those are the ones that are well seeded and will download fast. Plus they are well know to deliver good files, who knows what you get from some lamer who has set up "his own torrent"? It's unfortunate that you had a bad result with the torrent, but not a shock if windows crashed or some similar problem struck during the download. Your best bet would be to use the same torrent (or if you want get it again from the "get Knoppix" link near the top of this page) and download the files again to a different directory. As long as you are using 4.0.3 or 4.0.4 of the BitTorrent client it should work (there are indeed known problems with prior versions, and I can't speak for the quality of the 4.1.x betas or other BitTorrent clients).
-
Junior Member
registered user
I deleted the ISO and went to re - download it with Azureus It reached about 99% and gave me the same problem (over and over again). So I decided to mess with the options and came across an option (under Transfer) labeled Priortize first and last piece of file(s). It was checked (by default). I decided to uncheck it and let Azureus try to fix the Iso. IT WORKED!!! I checked the ISO with an MD5 checksum and it matched. Thanks everyone for your help.
-
Junior Member
registered user
Well, everything works great except for Knoppix 4.0 doesn't detect my network card (and hence my internet connection). None of the Knoppix versions detected it (at least none of the ones I've tried) and many linux boot CD distributions don't as well. Some of the boot cd distributions that do are Kanotix, morphix, and Trinity Rescue Kit. Red Hat Linux 9 also detected it (though that's not a Linux Boot CD). Some of the ones that don't are Adios, Slax, and Echelon (and many others). I've tried configuring it through xterm (well not with 4.0 but with previous versions) and through different tools that comes with the CD's. My network card is built into my motherboard and according to Winipcfg it's a VIA Rhine III Management Adapter. I was wondering if Knoppix can add this device to their next edition of Knoppix DVD. Thanks.
Similar Threads
-
By Jorge Martínez in forum General Support
Replies: 19
Last Post: 09-20-2005, 08:08 PM
-
By jacksonon in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 09-05-2005, 10:37 PM
-
By TheChemist187 in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-30-2005, 07:07 AM
-
By TheChemist187 in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-29-2005, 07:11 PM
-
By mcguire303 in forum General Support
Replies: 20
Last Post: 04-16-2003, 07:07 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99

Lot of 3~BAD~NON-WORKING Micron 64GB 4DRx4 PC4-2666V-LE2 Server RAM Memory DDR4
$600.00

Lot of 88GB (22x4GB) ADVANTECH 1RX16 DDR4 PC4-2400U AQD-D4U4GN24-HP MEMORY RAM
$286.00

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99

Lot of 2~BAD~NON-WORKING Micron 64GB 2Rx4 PC4-2933Y-RB3 Server RAM Memory DDR4
$400.00

LOT OF 4 Samsung 16GB DDR4-2666 ECC UDIMM 2Rx8 PC4-21300 M391A2K43BB1-CTDQ
$469.95

Crucial DDR3L 16GB 2 x 8GB 1600 MHz PC3L-12800 Laptop RAM Sodimm Memory 1.35V
$41.00

Micron 32GB 1x32GB DDR5 5600 CL46 ECC Unbuffered SO-DIMM MTC20C2085S1TC56BD1
$399.00

Samsung 4 X 4GB DDR4 3200MHz PC4-3200AA SO-DIMM Laptop Memory M471A5244CB0-CWE
$80.00