-
Junior Member
registered user
unmountable HDD partition. HELP!
Hey all, I just downloaded Knoppix to recover whatever files from my HDD after Windows XP crashed on me. Im currently running Knoppix from a CD and am really the n00b at it. Ok, because I own a HP Pavilion PC, my HDD is partitioned. One for Windows and HP stuff, and the other for user files. I can currently access the HP partition just fine, but when i try to open the other partition, (hda2), it gives me the following error msg:
Could not mount device.
The reported error was:
mount: I could not determine the filesystem type, and none was specified.
I got really confused browsing the forums on similar issues. I THINK the filesystem is an NTFS and all I really want to do is to salvage and burn my files off it. Pls reply soon! thanks.
Similar Threads
-
By Nevermore in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-17-2009, 01:59 PM
-
By Portcrap in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-04-2008, 01:29 AM
-
By jwg in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-25-2007, 03:34 PM
-
By bono in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 5
Last Post: 08-08-2005, 08:10 AM
-
By Tekno in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-18-2004, 04:13 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64-Bit USB Flash Drive (HAV-00162)
$36.99

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47

Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB
$282.00

LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s
$39.80

Wholesale Sale 10/ 30/ 50/100pcs 256MB Metal Swivel USB Flash Drive Memory Stick
$165.90

Full Version MS Office Professional Plus 2021 - 64-Bit Flash USB Drive Install
$59.99