I've been searching for this and can't find anything. I'm getting ready to reformat and reinstall, but I thought I would ask first.
My main OS is Windows XP Professional because several of our support applications are Windows based, but I've been wanting to learn how to use Linux for a while, and I figured Knoppix was a very good place to start. The problem is, being a Live-DVD, Knoppix doesn't automatically save settings. I'm using it on a laptop with only one partition (I've also got a Dell, which my wife uses, and the tiny 30 MB partition that Dell puts on all their computers negates this issue), and it tends to start running slower after using it for a while. I'd like to create a swapfile, and the Swap File Configuration utility advises using the included utility to create a blank image in Windows.
I've got the blank image created (1.5 GB), but, being new to Linux, I don't know how to get this image set up. I've tried to mount it to hdc1, but the the Swap File Configuration util doesn't recognize it.
Should I make the swap file smaller? I'd like to get this configured so that I have a Linux environment I can boot into at any time without reconfiguring or rebooting after too many programs are run.
Any suggestions?

SK Hynix 1TB PC801 M.2 NVMe PCIe Gen4x4 2280 SSD
$100.00
Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00
External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99
Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$545.25
1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive
$86.95
Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99
SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99
Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1746.47
Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$330.73
Seagate Desktop 1TB/1000GB SATA 3.5" HDD Hard Drive
$29.99