-
250MB ZIP issue and Radeon 9600 series (v350)
Hello I'm running LIVE CD 4.0 Knoppix...
I have an internal IOMEGA ATAPI 250MB ZIP that's connected to a PCI mass storage controller Promise Technology, Inc. When I boot up I type in "knoppix dma" because all the cd/dvd rom supports it...then comes along my hardware devices and it shows the 250 ZIP as "hdf". So obviously it detected the hardware, because it also shows up under"Knoppix -->Utilities-->Hard Disk/CD/DVD DMA Acelleration. I tried putting in a ZIP disk and it doesn't detect like if I did with a floppy. What's weird is My Lite-On DVD-ROM LTD163 is also connected to the Promise PCI card and it detects and also puts it on my desktop and I can access it just fine. I tried in root console to mount it and it couldn't find the mount point. I tried to make a link to device and use the device pulldown and couldn't find hdf.. i even tried to manually enter it in and nothing happens..I remmy I did it on kanotix somehow I got it to read the zip but only through root I could do that...With the ATI Radeon 9600 series i know right now its 2d mode and hopefully 3d support will come soon?! crossing fingers I notice going in GNOME Center: Desktop Preference in Screen settings I got the highest default setting 1024x768 76Hz, now when I change it to 800x600 it goes wild and the whole screen is twisted. Is there a fix for that and as well for my ZIP drive?? I would appreciate any feedback or information. Thinking if knoppix can slove these two for me, I'm definetly going to be grateful!!!!
Similar Threads
-
By ilcheffe in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-14-2005, 09:20 PM
-
By iD:0t in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-15-2005, 01:23 PM
-
By jerzfr in forum Laptops
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-19-2004, 05:45 PM
-
By mimamo in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-14-2004, 10:26 PM
-
By Uwe Brauer in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-01-2004, 11:50 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$269.10

2021 Full Version Office Professional Plus for 1 PC Flash USB Drive
$59.99

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.27

Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1GB 2GB 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick
$305.01

LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s
$39.80

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00

128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service
$39.99