-
Auto reboot after shutdown
I have a problem with knoppix 3.9. I want it to instantly reboot/shutdown without ejecting the cd and pressing return.
For this I have edited the isolinux.cfg file like that:
Code:
DEFAULT linux
APPEND ramdisk_size=100000 init=/etc/init lang=de apm=power-off vga=791 initrd=minirt.gz nomce quiet noeject noprompt myconfig=/mnt/uba1 BOOT_IMAGE=knoppix
TIMEOUT 1
KBDMAP german.kbd
PROMPT 1
DISPLAY boot.msg
F1 boot.msg
F2 f2
F3 f3
LABEL knoppix
KERNEL linux
APPEND ramdisk_size=100000 init=/etc/init lang=de apm=power-off vga=791 initrd=minirt.gz nomce quiet noeject noprompt myconfig=/mnt/uba1 BOOT_IMAGE=knoppix
I first had problems with knoppix not executing any of this command and I then tried to change to order of the command and now it loads the config automatically but still no aout shutdown/reboot.
It worked fine for the previous knoppix 3.4 I have also used but now the system just hangs up without message and without rebooting.
Any help would be appriciated!
Thanks in advance!
Neo
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Auto reboot after shutdown

Originally Posted by
NeoAnderson
I have a problem with knoppix 3.9. I want it to instantly reboot/shutdown without ejecting the cd and pressing return.
Take a look at /etc/init.d/knoppix-reboot file. Section
Code:
if [ -z "$NOEJECT" ]; then
# Turn on autoeject of CD-Roms
for dev in /proc/sys/dev/cdrom*/lock; do [ -f "$dev" ] && echo 0 > "$dev"; done
for dev in /proc/sys/dev/cdrom*/autoeject; do [ -f "$dev" ] && echo 1 > "$dev"; done
fi
is what you would like to modify. I have not tried that myself but I think commenting those lines out would do the job.
-tapsa-
Similar Threads
-
By kinrik in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 5
Last Post: 04-05-2007, 02:10 AM
-
By ThE_R_o_B in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 04-22-2005, 04:20 AM
-
By djinn in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-02-2004, 03:01 PM
-
By maddany in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-16-2003, 02:19 AM
-
By _CaLeB_ in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 5
Last Post: 03-31-2003, 06:20 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00
$1619.30

Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003
$639.69

BROADCOM 05-50077-01 PCI-E 4.0 x8 PCI-Express MegaRAID 9560-8i RAID Controller
$739.99

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00

OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad 4 Bay RAID Storage Enclosure USB 3.1 Gen 2 No Drives
$149.95

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99

LSI 9260-8i 512MB SAS SATA 8-port PCI-E 6Gb RAID Controller Card US
$29.88

9300-8i LSI SAS3008 8-Port 12Gb PCIe IT mode ZFS FreeNAS unRAID 2*SFF-8643 US
$49.50

NEW Lantronix UDS1100-POE - One Port RS232/RS422/RS485 to IP Ethernet 950-00169
$89.00

CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go
$75.00