Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Auto reboot after shutdown

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    2

    Auto reboot after shutdown

    I have a problem with knoppix 3.9. I want it to instantly reboot/shutdown without ejecting the cd and pressing return.
    For this I have edited the isolinux.cfg file like that:

    Code:
    DEFAULT linux
    APPEND ramdisk_size=100000 init=/etc/init lang=de apm=power-off vga=791 initrd=minirt.gz nomce quiet noeject noprompt myconfig=/mnt/uba1 BOOT_IMAGE=knoppix
    TIMEOUT 1
    KBDMAP german.kbd
    PROMPT 1
    DISPLAY boot.msg
    F1 boot.msg
    F2 f2
    F3 f3
    LABEL knoppix
    KERNEL linux
    APPEND ramdisk_size=100000 init=/etc/init lang=de apm=power-off vga=791 initrd=minirt.gz nomce quiet noeject noprompt myconfig=/mnt/uba1  BOOT_IMAGE=knoppix
    I first had problems with knoppix not executing any of this command and I then tried to change to order of the command and now it loads the config automatically but still no aout shutdown/reboot.
    It worked fine for the previous knoppix 3.4 I have also used but now the system just hangs up without message and without rebooting.

    Any help would be appriciated!

    Thanks in advance!

    Neo

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    272

    Re: Auto reboot after shutdown

    Quote Originally Posted by NeoAnderson
    I have a problem with knoppix 3.9. I want it to instantly reboot/shutdown without ejecting the cd and pressing return.
    Take a look at /etc/init.d/knoppix-reboot file. Section
    Code:
    if [ -z "$NOEJECT" ]; then
    # Turn on autoeject of CD-Roms
    for dev in /proc/sys/dev/cdrom*/lock; do [ -f "$dev" ] && echo 0 > "$dev"; done
    for dev in /proc/sys/dev/cdrom*/autoeject; do [ -f "$dev" ] && echo 1 > "$dev"; done
    fi
    is what you would like to modify. I have not tried that myself but I think commenting those lines out would do the job.


    -tapsa-

Similar Threads

  1. windows odd shutdown won't reboot - heard knoppix might help
    By kinrik in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-05-2007, 02:10 AM
  2. Knoppix hangs on Eht0 when shutdown or reboot?
    By ThE_R_o_B in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-22-2005, 04:20 AM
  3. Knoppix v3.3 Auto-Shutdown
    By djinn in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-02-2004, 03:01 PM
  4. auto: auto: no such file or directory
    By maddany in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-16-2003, 02:19 AM
  5. Problems with x - Boot-shutdown... Boot-shutdown...Boot-shut
    By _CaLeB_ in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-31-2003, 06:20 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5

Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT500MX500SSD1

$56.99



SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL STATE DRIVE picture

SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL STATE DRIVE

$214.99



Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive

$39.99



Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot picture

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot

$549.00



HP 240GB Enterprise 5100 PRO 2.5

HP 240GB Enterprise 5100 PRO 2.5" SATA SSD Solid State Drive MTFDDAK240TCB

$24.99



Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD picture

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD

$129.99



Samsung 256 GB Internal SATA SSD Fully Tested 50%-79% Health picture

Samsung 256 GB Internal SATA SSD Fully Tested 50%-79% Health

$24.00



Samsung 512GB PCIe NVMe m.2 SSD Solid State Drive MZVLW512HMJP-000L7 MZ-VLB5120 picture

Samsung 512GB PCIe NVMe m.2 SSD Solid State Drive MZVLW512HMJP-000L7 MZ-VLB5120

$51.99



Netac 120GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Internal SSD 2.5'' SATAIII 6Gb/s Solid State Drive lot picture

Netac 120GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Internal SSD 2.5'' SATAIII 6Gb/s Solid State Drive lot

$119.99



KingSpec SSD 2.5

KingSpec SSD 2.5" SATA3 Internal Solid State Drive for PC,Laptop,Mac

$60.00