-
Saving LyX files
I just got Knoppix 3.1 which I am running from the live Cd on an intel box using win 98.
Knoppix 3.1 has LyX, which a drop down wiswog for the math typing program Latex.
My question: If I want to write a math paper in LyX and save it, while running Knoppix from the live CD, how can I do this? Can I do it by saving to a floppy? Do I format the floppy as a Linux floopy?
If I want to send that floppy to arxiv or a journal using Aol, I need to send it using windows, so do I format it in the windows way? If I do, how can I save the file using
Knoppix on it?
Can I save files on a USB external drive or keychain?
Thanks
Penny
Similar Threads
-
By khaji00 in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-22-2006, 02:10 AM
-
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-16-2004, 02:16 AM
-
By lostwishes in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-16-2004, 09:43 AM
-
By millennia in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 03-05-2004, 11:42 PM
-
By attenuation123 in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-28-2003, 01:31 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

HP ProLiant DL360 Gen 11 - Xeon Gold 5th Gen - 192 GB DDR5 ECC - 2x 240 GB SSD
$17000.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

RDS CAL - Remote Desktop Services Windows Server 2022 50 User/Device Connections
$60.00

Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server
$349.99

HP ProLiant DL380 Gen 11 - 2x Xeon Gold 6th Gen - 512 GB DDR5 - 2x 800 GB HDD
$15000.00

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell PowerEdge R240 Intel Xeon E-2144G 3.6GHz 16GB DDR4 ECC NO HDD 250W Unused
$189.00

Windows Server 2025 Standard✔ 24-CORE✔ 10 CALs✔ 50 RDS✔ Remote Desktop EP2-25205
$317.56

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50