-
Administrator
Site Admin-
Re: saving lyx files

Originally Posted by
algebraic
... Once I mount the windows drive, what do I type on the command line to save my file in the windows drive? Do I just copy the file to a directory in the windows directory as mounted in Linux, using the linux file name that already appears in LyX? Similarly, for the mounted floppy? ( I don't have to format the floppy in Linux, right?)
I prefer to do everything that I can using the console (shell), as this is much less confusing than saving files and mounting stuff in KONQUERER. ....
I'm a bit confused by this question, as to save your LyX file I would think you do that inside the LyX application, not at the command line. I have not used LyX so I don't know exactly what you type there. If you are at a command line and find that the file is not where you want it to be, you can move it with the command mv or (to play it safe) copy it with cp and then remove the old copy with rm after you are satisfied that the cp did what you expected. By law all Unix/Linux commands must be cryptic and tricky to remember. Of course, if the above commands don't look geeky enough, you can use cat to copy the file by redirecting the output.
The floppy has to have some format on it. Maybe I'm giving away my age that I remember the days when you would buy blank floppies and have to format them yourself. But as long as the floppy has a normal FAT format on it, you don't have to (and don't want to in this case) put a Linux format on it. See man mount for any details.
Similar Threads
-
By khaji00 in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-22-2006, 02:10 AM
-
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-16-2004, 02:16 AM
-
By lostwishes in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-16-2004, 09:43 AM
-
By millennia in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 03-05-2004, 11:42 PM
-
By attenuation123 in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-28-2003, 01:31 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Car Vacuum Portable Cordless, 18000Pa 2 in 1 Vacuum Cleaner&Air Duster, Blue
$53.36

KARDV Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, 500W/40Kpa Vacuum Cleaners for Home, 60Mins St...
$64.99

LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to...
$167.63

2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM
$37.99

Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW
$13.89

(2) Battery For FoxNoble Cordless Vacuum Cleaner GLBP01-6S26
$49.00

Car Vacuum Portable Cordless, 50000Pa High Power Brushless Motor, Rechargeable H
$104.98

Cordless Electric Mini Air Duster Blower Vacuum Cleaner for PC Computer Car Home
$16.99

Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe
$53.99

Cordless Handheld Vacuum Cleaner Compatible with DeWalt 20V Battery
$106.14