-
saving lyx files
Harry,
Thanks for your help.
I will save my LyX file to my hard drive. Once I mount the windows drive, what do I type on the command line to save my file in the windows drive? Do I just copy the file to a directory in the windows directory as mounted in Linux, using the linux file name that already appears in LyX? Similarly, for the mounted floppy? ( I don't have to format the floppy in Linux, right?)
I prefer to do everything that I can using the console (shell), as this is much less confusing than saving files and mounting stuff in KONQUERER.
thanks
Penny
p.s. My reason for running Knoppix 3.1 is to use LyX as my latex interface. I don't have a dvd drive, and newer knoppix or Quantian only has LyX on the DVD. I wish that could be fixed, as the math community would use Knoppix a lot, if that were done.
As to: sending to Journals, once I create a LyX file, it creates a standard latex or amslatex file as well as a dvi file. The journals these days all want just the latex file, which is an ASCII file.
P.S. I am learning LyX by running a tutorial this morning, and I must say, it works very well indeed, so far.
p.s. I am quite new to linux, and I must say that it is still a bit confusing---BUT I LIKE IT.
Similar Threads
-
By khaji00 in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-22-2006, 02:10 AM
-
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-16-2004, 02:16 AM
-
By lostwishes in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-16-2004, 09:43 AM
-
By millennia in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 03-05-2004, 11:42 PM
-
By attenuation123 in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-28-2003, 01:31 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Seagate ST6000NM0115 6TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive
$159.99

Seagate 14TB Exos X14 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s 256MB 3.5" Enterprise HDD ST14000NM0408
$354.99

Seagate BarraCuda ST5000LM000 5TB 5400RPM SATA III 6Gb/s 2.5" Internal Hard
$169.99

HUS726060ALA640 HGST Ultrastar 6TB SATA 6Gbps 7.2K 3.5" Hard Drive OF21860
$129.99

Western Digital WD Blue WD10EZEX 1 TB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive
$23.99

**77%-89% HEALTH**HGST Ultrastar 7K4000 HUS724040ALA640 4TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache
$69.99

Hitachi / HGST Travelstar HTS541010B7E610 1TB 2.5" SATA III HDD
$29.99

HITACHI ULTRASTAR 2TB 7.2K 6G 3.5INCH SATA HDD HUS724020ALA640 | TESTED WIPED
$34.95

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$84.00

HDD 3.5" SATA Hard Drive with Windows 10/Win 11 64x Installed Legacy
$35.00