Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: the gimp wont load jpg files !!! ?? HELP !

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Hollywood, Florida
    Posts
    18

    the gimp wont load jpg files !!! ?? HELP !

    I just upgraded my pc (hd install) with the latest knoppix ..

    I loaded up the gimp and then tried to open a jpg file that I d/l from the web... and I get this error:

    " GIMP Message

    Opening '/path to my file.......jpg...' failed:

    Plug-in could not open image".


    HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!

    I used apt-get to remove the gimp, then I used it to re-download and install it but I get the same error both ways !


    Any ideas on how to fix this?????

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    N42.41 W73 and change
    Posts
    401
    My guess is that your .jpg file isn't really in .jpg format. Try another, known .jpg file and see if the same thing happens.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    1,323
    Do file filename.jpg to see what it is.

  4. #4
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Hollywood, Florida
    Posts
    18
    I have verified that they are in fact jpg files.

    I also tried with a few known jpg files and I get the same error.

    What can this be ????

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    1,323
    Did you use apt-get remove --purge to be sure configs are overwritten with new ones?

Similar Threads

  1. 5.1 wont load from CD
    By xvz_ in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-24-2007, 04:08 AM
  2. knoppix will load, but after system starts, GUI wont load.
    By n()()dle in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-23-2004, 01:39 AM
  3. no gimp help files installed
    By Xwrapper3 in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-16-2004, 10:34 PM
  4. USB config file -- gimp files? hardware?
    By knoppix_lover in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-27-2004, 07:36 AM
  5. EPS files with the Gimp? Or something else?
    By Tortoise in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-28-2003, 03:53 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch picture

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch

$19.99



Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch picture

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch

$46.99



NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch picture

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch

$49.99



Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks picture

Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks

$224.95



10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W picture

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W

$39.99



TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597 picture

TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597

$36.98



Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts picture

Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts

$69.00



Arista DCS-7050SX-64-R 48P 10GbE SFP+ 4P 40GbE QSFP+ RA Switch picture

Arista DCS-7050SX-64-R 48P 10GbE SFP+ 4P 40GbE QSFP+ RA Switch

$115.00



5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play picture

5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play

$31.99



Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99