HI,
I've play a little with knoppix, and I whould try to setup a knoppix root server one nfs read-only. This imply to change the way boot.img mount /.
I've try on the hand to compile a kernel enabling nfs, dhcp, and my network card, and it seem to work well... But...
The probleme is that users have so different network card that it's impossible to compile all them in a floppy..
So I'm searching for ideas to generate this floppy in a end-user usable way (automatic kernel compilation scare me) . Perhaps it would be simpler to make a so little cdrom with all network card module, mount / from the CD, and have a chroot on nfs read only ? but having a full knoppix on a boot preconfigured in a local network should be so...
![]()
and perhaphs have it in the network card rom with etherboot
I'm waiting for your comments and ideas. I have to precise I've play whith knoppix whith debian only knowledge. seeing this forum show me people made nice scripts for generating CD, floppy, etc.. Please tell me about those nice script that you think be helpfull.
--
.signature: No such file or directory

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99
Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99
ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99
GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5
$189.99
GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99
Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90
ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio
$34.99
ASRock AMD BC-250 16GB 128GB SSD Used
$220.00
Dell XPS 8940 Desktop Motherboard Intel H470 LGA1200 DDR4 K3CM7 KV3RP 427JK
$154.99
ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU
$45.00