Start/Setting/ControlCenter/Mouse/General...![]()
How can I make the mouse pointer in KNOPPIX 3.2 look like the one on KNOPPIX 3.1 (a big arrow..)?! I find it very hard to trace on my old laptop's screen!
Start/Setting/ControlCenter/Mouse/General...![]()
Already done that... doesn't work...
Hi,
# update-alternatives --config x-cursor-theme
choose core.theme
and restart x-server
--Kester.
I think that's it! But something's wrong...
# update-alternatives --config x-cursor-theme
> No alternatives for x-cursor-theme
Doesn't work!
I also am very frustrated by the size and color of the mouse. I am using a Toshiba laptop. Worked fine on 3.1. Changing the settings on Control Center/Perpherals/Mouse/General relults in no change.
Can someone please help with this problem. I am tempted to go back to 3.1 .
gfrick
Well.. I've found a solution! I've changed not only the cursor size... but the WHOLE cursor
http://www.kde-look.org/
Look under "X11 Mouse Themes"![]()
PX.
Thank you very much for the info that set me on the right path. While I did not install any of the WW.kde-look.org X11 mouse themes, reading the installayion instructions gave me the info I needed.
.
I changed /usr/lib/X11/icons/default/index.theme
from Inherits=whitelass
to Inherists=redglass
While the cursor is the same size, now I can see it against a light background..
gfrick
I use the Flat White Mouse with Shadow X11 Mouse Theme from kde-look.org. It looks good and is easy to see on my laptop screen. To get the mouse pointer to change on the desktop as well, you may need to move your KNOPPIX.desktop file to another folder so Knoppix will make a fresh one on reboot.
Yup, kde-look.org is the ticket. You have to make a ~/.icons directory and put it in /etc/skel. You also have to edit the /etc/X11/Xsession.d/45xsession script and make it be copied over along with the rest of the user knoppix's profile.
I used the silver Xcursors in my remaster, Overclockix.

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99
Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00
KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99
Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85
$8.00
VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42
$7.00
Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.98