-
Just Moved to Linux
I've been using Windows since Windows 95 came out. I used every version of Windows and know a lot about Windows and computer in general. Recently I purchased a new Intel wireless card for my laptop, but being that my laptop is a Compaq it has the BIOS locked applied to it. So to get around the problem I had to rewrite the EEPROM data. To do so I downloaded Knoppix. I just used it off the CD then went right back to using my Windows operating system. But just using it for those few minutes it got me hooked. I know have a permanant copy of Knoppix installed to my HD and I love Linux I wish, I would have moved to it years ago. Anyone thinking about doing a move like I did, go for it you won't regret it.
Similar Threads
-
By jjjrrr3 in forum Other Live CDs
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-02-2006, 10:48 AM
-
By sunburnt in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-12-2005, 12:22 AM
-
By maestrobwh1 in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-24-2004, 07:32 PM
-
By awreneau in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-07-2004, 08:48 PM
-
By Markus in forum The Lounge
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-14-2004, 03:58 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage S-100 California Computer Systems cards Z80 cpu + ADS PromBlaster
$895.00

🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2113A 21MX 1000 E-SERIES MINICOMPUTER CHASSIS BACKPLANE
$249.00

🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2112A 21MX M-SERIES 16-BIT MINICOMPUTER HP
$299.99

Vintage Computer - PC Innovation Intel 486DX2 - Dos Ver 6.2 Windows 3.1
$250.00

Vintage Microsoft Windows NT 3.51 Workstation 3.5 Floppy Big Box Complete No COA
$139.99

Vintage Radio Shack TRS-80 5.25" Floppy Disk Lot of 9 Single Sided Used
$49.99

Vintage Schlesinger 17" Leather Briefcase Classic Flap Whiskey Brown Attache EUC
$99.99

HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer
$224.72

HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage
$225.61

Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New
$75.00