-
Knoppix 3.9 / WPA-PSK / D-Link AirPlusXtremeG (DWL-G650)
Hello,
Thanks for reading this post. I am _struggling_ to get wireless working on my laptop with Knoppix 3.9.
I have a wireless network with WPA-PSK enabled. I have already got a Windows notebook going on the
network, but I am having trouble getting a different notebook running Knoppix going. I have a
D-Link DWL-G650 PCMCIA card. The output of cardctl info is:
Does the wPRODID_1="Atheros Communications, Inc."
PRODID_2="AR5001-0000-0000"
PRODID_3="Wireless LAN Reference Card"
PRODID_4="00"
MANFID=0271,0012
FUNCID=6
Knoppix appears to detect the card and load the Atheros driver without a problem.
Does the wpa_supplicant software come with madwifi support? Here is my wpa_supplicant.conf file:
network={
ssid="qshot"
scan_ssid=0
proto=WPA
key_mgmt=WPA-PSK
pairwise=CCMP TKIP
group=CCMP TKIP WEP104 WEP40
psk=20d57f08127c079f599df23a13513c8708028b73d49860 c9b3b7d00b3a8c1a96
}
I then run the command:
wpa_supplicant -c/etc/wpa_supplicant.conf -iath0 ifup ath0
But I get the following error:
octl[SIOCSIWPMKSA]: Operation not supported
ioctl[PRISM2_IOCTL_PRISM2_PARAM]: Operation not supported
Failed to enable WPA in the driver.
ioctl[PRISM2_IOCTL_HOSTAPD]: Operation not supported
ioctl[PRISM2_IOCTL_PRISM2_PARAM]: Operation not supported
Failed to disable WPA in the driver.
ioctl[PRISM2_IOCTL_PRISM2_PARAM]: Operation not supported
ioctl[PRISM2_IOCTL_PRISM2_PARAM]: Operation not supported
According to this web site I am doing the right thing, but it is not working. What am I doing wrong? It looks like the wpa_supplicant application is using
the wrong driver. What should I specify for the -d flag?
Is Knoppix even setup to have wpa_supplicant use madwifi drivers?
Thanks for any tips or suggestions!!
Similar Threads
-
By stonee in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-12-2005, 07:03 AM
-
By bdockx in forum Laptops
Replies: 5
Last Post: 07-15-2005, 05:00 AM
-
By reisyboy in forum Laptops
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-05-2005, 04:05 PM
-
By DaveUK in forum Laptops
Replies: 3
Last Post: 09-01-2004, 06:25 AM
-
By Infidellic in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-27-2004, 10:29 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$545.25

Seagate Desktop 1TB/1000GB SATA 3.5" HDD Hard Drive
$29.99

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99

1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive
$86.95

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1746.47

AYANEO AM01 AMD Ryzen 7 5800U Gaming Mini PC Retro Classic DP DDR4 32GB 1Tb
$400.00

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$330.73