Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: AC97 - no sound. Segmentation fault with 3.9

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    9

    AC97 - no sound. Segmentation fault with 3.9

    Hi There,

    Every so often I try to configure my sound card (VIA Technologies 8233) for Knoppix. My most recient attempts were with 3.8.1 and 3.9. Both versions act as if my sound has been successfully configured. However, no sound is created either by the sound configuration test or by XMMX. I saw another thread that suggested that the moduals need to be manually loaded, but that did not help. KMix show the OSS modual is being used and my volume is set to 67%.

    I noticed unrelated segmentation faults while attempting to debug in both versions. In 3.9 the segmentation fault happened when I typed the following commands:

    cd /var/log
    ls

    The first time I tried this it also killed the taskbar. The second time (after a reboot) there was no effect on the taskbar. I expect this is a UnionFS error...

    With the 3.8.1 version, a segmentation fault occured when I attempted to access the keyboard configution menu. Since I wasn't able to correctly map my keyboard I couldn't try the above test.

    Bill

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    9
    BTW. Sound works perfectly with Gnoppix on the same computer. Is there something I could query from the working system to figure out why sound doesn't work on Knoppix?

    Bill

Similar Threads

  1. LS Segmentation Fault?!
    By Keilaron in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-13-2005, 05:07 AM
  2. Knoppix 3.8 Segmentation Fault
    By bluestick in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-29-2005, 02:33 PM
  3. Segmentation Fault in Knoppix 3.8
    By bluestick in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-29-2005, 11:09 AM
  4. segmentation fault
    By CrashedAgain in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-02-2004, 05:33 AM
  5. Segmentation fault with Qgo
    By ZeroKun in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-18-2004, 12:44 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Seagate ST6000NM0115 6TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5

Seagate ST6000NM0115 6TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive

$159.99



Hitachi HUS726060ALA640 6TB 7.2K SATA 3.5 6G HDD Hard Disc Drive picture

Hitachi HUS726060ALA640 6TB 7.2K SATA 3.5 6G HDD Hard Disc Drive

$109.99



Seagate 14TB Exos X14 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s 256MB 3.5

Seagate 14TB Exos X14 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s 256MB 3.5" Enterprise HDD ST14000NM0408

$354.99



HUS726060ALA640 HGST Ultrastar  6TB SATA 6Gbps 7.2K 3.5

HUS726060ALA640 HGST Ultrastar 6TB SATA 6Gbps 7.2K 3.5" Hard Drive OF21860

$129.99



Hitachi  / HGST Travelstar HTS541010B7E610 1TB 2.5

Hitachi / HGST Travelstar HTS541010B7E610 1TB 2.5" SATA III HDD

$29.99



HGST HUS724040ALA640 4TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.5

HGST HUS724040ALA640 4TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.5" Internal Desktop Drive 100% Health

$78.00



Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5

Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5" SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive

$24.99



HITACHI ULTRASTAR 2TB 7.2K 6G 3.5INCH SATA HDD HUS724020ALA640 | TESTED WIPED picture

HITACHI ULTRASTAR 2TB 7.2K 6G 3.5INCH SATA HDD HUS724020ALA640 | TESTED WIPED

$34.95



Seagate Exos X16 ST10000NM010G 10TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s 3.5

Seagate Exos X16 ST10000NM010G 10TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e/4Kn HDD

$199.00



Seagate BarraCuda ST1000DM010 1TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s Hard Drive picture

Seagate BarraCuda ST1000DM010 1TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s Hard Drive

$63.99