-
cant apt-get/dselect after update
If I do a clean HD install then do an apt-get update and select some packages (e.g. mod-python)
It throws up the usual loads of package upgrades + some removal candidates: one of which is sysvinit which it says is vital & dont do it.
If I try to select a sysvinit replacement like rcconf there appears to be a circular dependency problem. On other occasions it tries to remove a vital package like mount-aes. There seems to be a clash in the packages requested after an update but Im not good enough with apt to figure it all out: the apt-get uses the default apt sources.list file that comes with knoppix.
I have a useable system but I cant upgrade it.
My question then is;
Is there known to be an issue here? do others have apt-get upgrade problems?
How can I reverse the package list after doing one of these apt-get updates? At the moment I have to reinstall knoppix which is a bit dumb.
Similar Threads
-
By Sgeo in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 10-30-2004, 03:28 AM
-
By Steve F in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 9
Last Post: 09-17-2004, 06:41 PM
-
By Adm in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-13-2003, 05:09 PM
-
By garyng in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 04-14-2003, 08:12 PM
-
By lgalea in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-23-2003, 01:08 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

1x64GB Hynix HMAA8GL7MMR4N DDR4 PC4 2133P-LE0-11 4Rx4 ECC LRDIMM Server RAM
$320.00

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$288.19

Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G)
$89.99

Micron 8GB DDR4 3200MHz PC4-3200AA ECC RDIMM RAM (MTA9ASF1G72PZ-3G2E2
$30.00

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

Nanya NT32GA72D4NFX3K-JR 32GB 2Rx4 PC4-3200AA K25 DDR4 RDIMM RAM Server Memory
$199.99

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

Crucial 16GB DDR4 3200MHz SODIMM Laptop RAM Memory Module CT16G4SFRA32A.C8FF
$55.00

SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory
$159.98

24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC
$349.99