-
Knoppix on SNI Pimergy 460
Hi,
I try to run Knoppix 3.8.1 on an old SNI Primergy 460 with 2 Pentium 2 (300 MHz) and 128 MB RAM.
It simply do not boot. I get no error. When I start to run Knoppix without any parametery, the screen simply wents black and that is it. When I try with parameters e.g. "debug 2 failsafe", I get:
Loading linux ......
Loading minirt.gz ..........
Ready.
And that is all.
An old Knoppix 3.1 runs without any Problems.
My System has:
- Adaptec AIC7880 with a CD ROM
- ICP vortex GDT-PCI with a raid 5 of 4 SCSI disks (9GB each)
- Ethernet is an Ethernet Pro 100 (i82555)
2 CPU: Pentium II (300 MHz)
Do you have any idea, what else I could try?
With kind regards,
Konrad
-
I was able to solve the problem with boot floppies. So even if all loaded fine, linux was unable to boot correctly from CD.
(Interesting part: older knoppix works fine. Had same Problems with FreeBSD and searching in google with error messages from FreeBSD pointed me to the solution.)
Konrad Neitzel
-
Administrator
Site Admin-

Originally Posted by
kneitzel
(Interesting part: older knoppix works fine. Had same Problems with FreeBSD and searching in google with error messages from FreeBSD pointed me to the solution.)
And you decided to respond back that you had the solution, but to not post what it is when it might help others?
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99

ASRock Z890 Nova WiFi LGA 1851 Intel Z890 ATX Motherboard
$184.99

GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX ATX Intel LGA1700 DDR5 Wi-Fi 6E Gaming
$125.00

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99

JINSHA B450M B450 AM4 MicroATX Motherboard DDR4 2DIMM M.2 W/ IO SHIELD
$49.99

ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
$76.49

Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.99

ASUS PRIME Z490-P LGA 1200 Intel Z490 SATA 6Gb/s ATX Intel Motherboard NEW
$121.45

MSI B460m-Bomber LGA 1200 Intel 10th Gen B460 M-ATX Intel Motherboard
$59.99