-
Knoppix on SNI Pimergy 460
Hi,
I try to run Knoppix 3.8.1 on an old SNI Primergy 460 with 2 Pentium 2 (300 MHz) and 128 MB RAM.
It simply do not boot. I get no error. When I start to run Knoppix without any parametery, the screen simply wents black and that is it. When I try with parameters e.g. "debug 2 failsafe", I get:
Loading linux ......
Loading minirt.gz ..........
Ready.
And that is all.
An old Knoppix 3.1 runs without any Problems.
My System has:
- Adaptec AIC7880 with a CD ROM
- ICP vortex GDT-PCI with a raid 5 of 4 SCSI disks (9GB each)
- Ethernet is an Ethernet Pro 100 (i82555)
2 CPU: Pentium II (300 MHz)
Do you have any idea, what else I could try?
With kind regards,
Konrad
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

New Dell PowerEdge Server R360 Xeon E-2488 3.2G 16GB RAM 4X800GB SSD 6x600GB SAS
$3890.00

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$381.93

Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700
$289.99

NEW DELL TRUSTED PLATFORM MODULE TPM 2.0 POWEREDGE R730 SERVER M48YR RXW6R K98XH
$225.00

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$169.99