-
usb NIC
I'm tryng the live cd the only problem so far is my usb network card I can see it but I don't know how to make it work
the NIC is a belkyn usb
-
Administrator
Site Admin-
Does it even work under Windows? The one I got free never did for more that about 30 seconds.
Good luck to you, but you may find that you are making things very hard for yourself. Is there a need to run USB? USB was not designed for networking and quite frankly USB and Networking are an awful match (although the is plenty of USB crap that they will try to sell you for networking). A regular 10/100 PCI NIC is dirt cheap and should be well supported in Knoppix (even a Belkin one), and will be much much faster than a USB network connection. If you have an available PCI slot I would strongly suggest shelling out about $5 for a NIC, taking about a minute to install it and forgetting about the USB device. If this is for a notebook, even PCMCIA network cards are not too expensive and will be much cleaner to install and use and much faster than a USB ethernet hack.
-
That exactly what I'll do
thank you
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$269.10

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00

Wholesale Sale 10/ 30/ 50/100pcs 256MB Metal Swivel USB Flash Drive Memory Stick
$165.90

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47

LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s
$39.80

Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1GB 2GB 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick
$218.79

1 PC Office 2021 Pro replacement drive USB lifetime version
$40.00

FLASHFORGE AD5X Upgraded Multi-Color 3D Printer CoreXY High-Speed Auto Refill US
$349.00