-
usb NIC
I'm tryng the live cd the only problem so far is my usb network card I can see it but I don't know how to make it work
the NIC is a belkyn usb
-
Administrator
Site Admin-
Does it even work under Windows? The one I got free never did for more that about 30 seconds.
Good luck to you, but you may find that you are making things very hard for yourself. Is there a need to run USB? USB was not designed for networking and quite frankly USB and Networking are an awful match (although the is plenty of USB crap that they will try to sell you for networking). A regular 10/100 PCI NIC is dirt cheap and should be well supported in Knoppix (even a Belkin one), and will be much much faster than a USB network connection. If you have an available PCI slot I would strongly suggest shelling out about $5 for a NIC, taking about a minute to install it and forgetting about the USB device. If this is for a notebook, even PCMCIA network cards are not too expensive and will be much cleaner to install and use and much faster than a USB ethernet hack.
-
That exactly what I'll do
thank you
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$174.99

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Core 16-Thread 3.8GHZ/4.7GHZ
$195.00

Clear Touch Interactive Module CTI PCMOD PC55 ST i5 6core,8GB DDR4,256GB SSD NEW
$225.00

AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1)
$175.00

AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core Processor with Radeon
$385.00

Dell - XPS 13.4" 3K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core 5 Series 3 320 2026 - 8GB...
$599.99

AMD Ryzen 7 9850X3D 8-Core 16-Thread 5.6GHz 120W AM5 CPU 100-100001973WOF
$435.99

AMD Ryzen Threadripper PRO 3945WX 12-Core 4.0GHz sWRX8 CPU NEW Tray Unlocked
$69.99

HP ProDesk 600 G5
$99.99

Dell OptiPlex 3080 MT Intel Core i5-10500 3.10 GHz 8 GB DDR4 Desktop No HDD
$129.99