-
Junior Member
registered user
knoppix 4 dvd and vmware 5.0: very nice combination!
This is more informative than question oriented:
I just installed vmware on my modest XP pro machine - 1.4 gig, 1 gig ram - and I must say how impressed I am with the software. It recognized the knoppix dvd and I was able to operate it with its usual grace from within windows xp. I have a stockpile of antique machines and this is a great way to "kick the tires" and test drive a distro before installing it. Moreover, vmware is also great at installing live cds from an iso file still on a hard drive - I gave "chubby puppy" linux and vector linux a spin.
If I could only figure out how to get knoppix to have rwx permissions in Gnome for my RedHat 9 drive, I would be all set!
-
Senior Member
registered user
Also another suggestion along the same lines....
VMWare is great if you have the $$$$, but you should consider QEMU if you are on a shoestring budget (or just prefer to use open source solutions). Definately NOT all the bells and whistles of VMWARE, but it is perfect for checking out live CD's....
Similar Threads
-
By wilson001 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 14
Last Post: 01-25-2005, 05:25 AM
-
By paradox_4 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-18-2004, 10:19 AM
-
By yanggers in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 09-16-2004, 04:33 PM
-
By beforewisdom in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 09-02-2004, 09:20 PM
-
Replies: 11
Last Post: 02-24-2003, 04:52 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99

5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play
$31.99

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern
$15.25

Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00

Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks
$224.95

NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless
$25.99