Hello together,

I tried to acccess my LAN. In default, only the loopback intergface is up. I run `ifconfig eth0 up`, but eth0 is my WLAN-Interface. Running `ifconfig eth1 up` told me:
eth1: ERROR while getting interface flags: Kein passendes Gerät gefunden (No such device)
lspci -v told me:
Code:
0000:00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corp. Mobile Memory Controller Hub (rev 03)
	Subsystem: Toshiba America Info Systems: Unknown device ff00
	Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0
	Capabilities: [e0] #09 [2109]

0000:00:01.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corp. Mobile Memory Controller Hub PCI Express Port (rev 03) (prog-if 00 [Normal decode])
	Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0
	Bus: primary=00, secondary=01, subordinate=01, sec-latency=0
	Memory behind bridge: 90000000-afffffff
	Prefetchable memory behind bridge: c0000000-cfffffff
	Capabilities: [88] #0d [0000]
	Capabilities: [80] Power Management version 2
	Capabilities: [90] Message Signalled Interrupts: 64bit- Queue=0/0 Enable-
	Capabilities: [a0] #10 [0141]

0000:00:1c.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corp. 82801FB/FBM/FR/FW/FRW (ICH6 Family) PCI Express Port 1 (rev 03) (prog-if 00 [Normal decode])
	Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0
	Bus: primary=00, secondary=02, subordinate=02, sec-latency=0
	I/O behind bridge: 00003000-00003fff
	Memory behind bridge: b0000000-b3ffffff
	Prefetchable memory behind bridge: 00000000d0000000-00000000d3f00000
	Capabilities: [40] #10 [0141]
	Capabilities: [80] Message Signalled Interrupts: 64bit- Queue=0/0 Enable-
	Capabilities: [90] #0d [0000]
	Capabilities: [a0] Power Management version 2

0000:00:1d.0 USB Controller: Intel Corp. 82801FB/FBM/FR/FW/FRW (ICH6 Family) USB UHCI #1 (rev 03) (prog-if 00 [UHCI])
	Subsystem: Toshiba America Info Systems: Unknown device ff00
	Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 0, IRQ 23
	I/O ports at 1800 [size=32]

0000:00:1d.1 USB Controller: Intel Corp. 82801FB/FBM/FR/FW/FRW (ICH6 Family) USB UHCI #2 (rev 03) (prog-if 00 [UHCI])
	Subsystem: Toshiba America Info Systems: Unknown device ff00
	Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 0, IRQ 19
	I/O ports at 1820 [size=32]

0000:00:1d.2 USB Controller: Intel Corp. 82801FB/FBM/FR/FW/FRW (ICH6 Family) USB UHCI #3 (rev 03) (prog-if 00 [UHCI])
	Subsystem: Toshiba America Info Systems: Unknown device ff00
	Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 0, IRQ 18
	I/O ports at 1840 [size=32]

0000:00:1d.3 USB Controller: Intel Corp. 82801FB/FBM/FR/FW/FRW (ICH6 Family) USB UHCI #4 (rev 03) (prog-if 00 [UHCI])
	Subsystem: Toshiba America Info Systems: Unknown device ff00
	Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 0, IRQ 16
	I/O ports at 1860 [size=32]

0000:00:1d.7 USB Controller: Intel Corp. 82801FB/FBM/FR/FW/FRW (ICH6 Family) USB2 EHCI Controller (rev 03) (prog-if 20 [EHCI])
	Subsystem: Toshiba America Info Systems: Unknown device ff00
	Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 0, IRQ 23
	Memory at 80000000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=1K]
	Capabilities: [50] Power Management version 2
	Capabilities: [58] #0a [20a0]

0000:00:1e.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corp. 82801 PCI Bridge (rev d3) (prog-if 01 [Subtractive decode])
	Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0
	Bus: primary=00, secondary=06, subordinate=08, sec-latency=216
	Memory behind bridge: b4000000-b40fffff
	Capabilities: [50] #0d [0000]

0000:00:1e.2 Multimedia audio controller: Intel Corp. 82801FB/FBM/FR/FW/FRW (ICH6 Family) AC'97 Audio Controller (rev 03)
	Subsystem: Toshiba America Info Systems: Unknown device ff00
	Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 0, IRQ 17
	I/O ports at 1c00 [size=256]
	I/O ports at 1880 [size=64]
	Memory at 80000800 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=512]
	Memory at 80000400 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=256]
	Capabilities: [50] Power Management version 2

0000:00:1e.3 Modem: Intel Corp. 82801FB/FBM/FR/FW/FRW (ICH6 Family) AC'97 Modem Controller (rev 03) (prog-if 00 [Generic])
	Subsystem: Toshiba America Info Systems: Unknown device 0001
	Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 0, IRQ 11
	I/O ports at 2400 [size=256]
	I/O ports at 2000 [size=128]
	Capabilities: [50] Power Management version 2

0000:00:1f.0 ISA bridge: Intel Corp. 82801FBM (ICH6M) LPC Interface Bridge (rev 03)
	Subsystem: Toshiba America Info Systems: Unknown device ff00
	Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 0

0000:00:1f.2 IDE interface: Intel Corp. 82801FBM (ICH6M) SATA Controller (rev 03) (prog-if 80 [Master])
	Subsystem: Toshiba America Info Systems: Unknown device ff00
	Flags: bus master, 66MHz, medium devsel, latency 0, IRQ 19
	I/O ports at <unassigned>
	I/O ports at <unassigned>
	I/O ports at <unassigned>
	I/O ports at <unassigned>
	I/O ports at 18f0 [size=16]
	Capabilities: [70] Power Management version 2

0000:00:1f.3 SMBus: Intel Corp. 82801FB/FBM/FR/FW/FRW (ICH6 Family) SMBus Controller (rev 03)
	Subsystem: Toshiba America Info Systems: Unknown device ff00
	Flags: medium devsel, IRQ 11
	I/O ports at 20a0 [size=32]

0000:01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation: Unknown device 0148 (rev a2) (prog-if 00 [VGA])
	Subsystem: Toshiba America Info Systems: Unknown device ff00
	Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0, IRQ 10
	Memory at a0000000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=64M]
	Memory at c0000000 (64-bit, prefetchable) [size=128M]
	Memory at 90000000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=16M]
	Capabilities: [60] Power Management version 2
	Capabilities: [68] Message Signalled Interrupts: 64bit+ Queue=0/0 Enable-
	Capabilities: [78] #10 [0001]

0000:02:00.0 Ethernet controller: Marvell Technology Group Ltd.: Unknown device 4362 (rev 15)
	Subsystem: Toshiba America Info Systems: Unknown device ff00
	Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0, IRQ 10
	Memory at b0000000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=16K]
	I/O ports at 3000 [size=256]
	Capabilities: [48] Power Management version 2
	Capabilities: [50] Vital Product Data
	Capabilities: [5c] Message Signalled Interrupts: 64bit+ Queue=0/1 Enable-
	Capabilities: [e0] #10 [0011]

0000:06:02.0 Network controller: Intel Corp. PRO/Wireless 2200BG (rev 05)
	Subsystem: Intel Corp.: Unknown device 2741
	Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 32, IRQ 22
	Memory at b4006000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4K]
	Capabilities: [dc] Power Management version 2

0000:06:04.0 CardBus bridge: Texas Instruments: Unknown device 8031
	Subsystem: Toshiba America Info Systems: Unknown device ff00
	Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 64, IRQ 10
	Memory at b4007000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4K]
	Bus: primary=06, secondary=07, subordinate=0a, sec-latency=176
	I/O window 0: 00000000-00000003
	I/O window 1: 00000000-00000003
	16-bit legacy interface ports at 0001

0000:06:04.1 CardBus bridge: Texas Instruments: Unknown device 8031
	Subsystem: Toshiba America Info Systems: Unknown device ff00
	Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 64, IRQ 10
	Memory at b4008000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4K]
	Bus: primary=06, secondary=0b, subordinate=0e, sec-latency=176
	I/O window 1: 00000000-00000003
	16-bit legacy interface ports at 0001

0000:06:04.2 FireWire (IEEE 1394): Texas Instruments: Unknown device 8032 (prog-if 10 [OHCI])
	Subsystem: Toshiba America Info Systems: Unknown device ff00
	Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 32, IRQ 18
	Memory at b4009000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=2K]
	Memory at b4000000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=16K]
	Capabilities: [44] Power Management version 2

0000:06:04.3 Unknown mass storage controller: Texas Instruments: Unknown device 8033
	Subsystem: Toshiba America Info Systems: Unknown device ff01
	Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 57, IRQ 10
	Memory at b4004000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=8K]
	Capabilities: [44] Power Management version 2

0000:06:04.4 0805: Texas Instruments: Unknown device 8034
	Subsystem: Toshiba America Info Systems: Unknown device ff01
	Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 57, IRQ 10
	Memory at b400a000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=256]
	Memory at b4009c00 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=256]
	Memory at b4009800 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=256]
	Capabilities: [80] Power Management version 2
As you can see: "Marvell Technology Group Ltd" (my LAN-Interface) and "Intel Corp. PRO/Wireless 2200BG" (the WLAN-Interface) are found. eth0 is the WLAN-Interface (not tested, but the MAC for eth0 is my WLAN-MAC). Is there a special step to enable the LAN-Interface?

Btw: "Auditor 200605-02 No IPW 2100" (wich is based on knoppix or kantonix, I'm not sure) can use both, eth0 (WLAN) and eth1 (LAN).

TIA,
Funny