Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: AAAHHHH!!! noob webserver question

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    6

    AAAHHHH!!! noob webserver question

    hi all

    been trolling through the forums and googling.

    I got knoppix 3.8 HDD installation(nothing else), I even run a counter-strike source gaming server on it for me and my m8s, but can I figure out how to run a webserver on the same box.

    I've read stuff having to patition the drive, and found stuff about put stuff on floppies?

    I dont need PHP or databases.

    All I've got is the old files i've kept off my old MSbox(interpub)folder. its just a gaming site and info and screenshots(all HTML).

    all i need is some pointers pls.I've discovered I've got apache 1.3 allready installed,just dont know what to do with it.

    I use a ip-cop router + a 8 port switch, so i know I got to port forward port 80 and ftp ports, so no need to tell me about that

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    6
    found this post to turn apache on



    "There should be a conf file like /etc/apache/httpd.conf. You may need to set some settings in there & google that for more info.
    To start the apache server:
    /etc/init.d/apache start

    To stop the apache server:
    /etc/init.d/apache stop

    To restart a running apache server:
    /etc/init.d/apache restart"

    had a read of httpd.conf file,and found that the web site is kept at /var/www,
    so I'm just going to drop my old site in there and see what happens,see you later

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    6
    works fine

    i might have ago at getting PHP and Mysql for the gaming stats working one day, its all still in the saved folder from my ols server.

    Hope this helps someone

Similar Threads

  1. Wireless Noob Question
    By mimi in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-02-2005, 05:16 PM
  2. yet another noob question
    By mstlyharmlss in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-08-2003, 09:19 PM
  3. Noob Question
    By philski27 in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-08-2003, 01:17 AM
  4. Noob question - don't laugh please
    By Enmity in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-07-2003, 10:37 AM
  5. a 'noob' question about booting from hd
    By Allowee in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-20-2003, 05:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack picture

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack

$826.09



TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot picture

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot

$288.19



MICRON MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G6D1 32GB PC4-21300R DDR4-2666V RDIMM 2RX4 MEMORY DIMM picture

MICRON MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G6D1 32GB PC4-21300R DDR4-2666V RDIMM 2RX4 MEMORY DIMM

$139.99



1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot picture

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot

$202.50



Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM  M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q picture

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q

$169.00



USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot picture

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot

$3.75



Server Memory: Samsung 32GB 4DRx4 PC4-2133P ECC LRDIMM DDR4 M386A4G40DM0-CPB picture

Server Memory: Samsung 32GB 4DRx4 PC4-2133P ECC LRDIMM DDR4 M386A4G40DM0-CPB

$124.95



Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1GB 2GB 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick picture

Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1GB 2GB 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick

$289.80



Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11 picture

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11

$62.55