Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Proxy access with knoppix 3.9 LiveCD

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    3

    Proxy access with knoppix 3.9 LiveCD

    Hi all!

    I just downloaded my very-first linux distro few days ago to became familiar with this OS...

    ...I tried it with my office pc, which is connected to a LAN, without installing Knoppix on the HD.

    I set up the network card, so I can easily use the browser to navigate the Intranet.

    I also set up (with Firefox) the Ip address and the port of the proxy to access the internet, but it doesn't works. I typed the same as in the Firefox I use woth WinXP... in the status bar appears "connectin to (hotsname)..." but it doesn' really connect...

    Also, How can I write and/or modify files on my HD? I tried to use su command (typing "su root"), I get the root access but I still have not "w" permission to any file!

    Is there something I have to know that I don't know?

    Last, sorry for my english!! (I'm italian)

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    3
    Ok, I solved!!

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-03-2008, 04:24 PM
  2. Running a Proxy server on a Bootable Knoppix CD?
    By jpkennedy79 in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-19-2005, 02:49 PM
  3. Using Knoppix 3.6 with a proxy server
    By phuqmnb in forum Networking
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-23-2004, 05:59 PM
  4. Making a Knoppix proxy server...
    By Gustafus in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-29-2003, 01:10 AM
  5. Knoppix as proxy server
    By NBCthreat in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-15-2003, 12:40 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


READ - Vintage Apple Macintosh SE/30 - Boots picture

READ - Vintage Apple Macintosh SE/30 - Boots

$850.00



Vintage Computer Keyboard Northgate OMNIKEY Ultra picture

Vintage Computer Keyboard Northgate OMNIKEY Ultra

$120.00



Vintage Magnetic Peripherals MPI BR8B1A 5.25

Vintage Magnetic Peripherals MPI BR8B1A 5.25" Floppy Disk Drive 77711800 CDC

$89.66



Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used picture

Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used

$55.99



Vintage 1992 Mac System 7.1P1 Apple Software 3.5” Floppy Disks NOS picture

Vintage 1992 Mac System 7.1P1 Apple Software 3.5” Floppy Disks NOS

$35.00



READ - UNTESTED Apple Macintosh PowerBook 160 M4550 Vintage Laptop picture

READ - UNTESTED Apple Macintosh PowerBook 160 M4550 Vintage Laptop

$299.00



VINTAGE THINKPAD X61 TABLET 3GB RAM 240GB SSD OEM WINXP W/GOOD BATT CHARGER picture

VINTAGE THINKPAD X61 TABLET 3GB RAM 240GB SSD OEM WINXP W/GOOD BATT CHARGER

$329.00



Vintage PowerColor EvilKing 3 Extreme 3DFX Voodoo3 Graphics Card C355A Ver 3.0 picture

Vintage PowerColor EvilKing 3 Extreme 3DFX Voodoo3 Graphics Card C355A Ver 3.0

$91.12



Vintage Hewlett Packard HP 13181-60074 Circuit Card Assembly / Interface Board. picture

Vintage Hewlett Packard HP 13181-60074 Circuit Card Assembly / Interface Board.

$135.37



VINTAGE COLLECTIBLE Comp USA Maxtor 20 GB 3.5 Inch EIDE Hard Drive NEW SEALED picture

VINTAGE COLLECTIBLE Comp USA Maxtor 20 GB 3.5 Inch EIDE Hard Drive NEW SEALED

$500.00