-
harddrive bad block?
Well.. I did a harddrive install everything was fine
then one day I booted up and it said my partion is mounted read only and that it needs me to run a commanded to fix it. it wanted me to remount it read write ..
I think I did that ok..
then it wanted me to do a command to fix the harddive problem. it was like e2fc or something like that with -b 8139 or something like that it wanted me to try so I typed it in corectly (what ever the command was) -b the number they sujested /dev/hda1 (my device) although nothing happened .. I can access my files any othere way othere then booting from the cd and the cd is too slow...
I wanna access my files again and boot from hd again is there anyone who can help me fix this.. maybe when I am in the cd. can I right click or run some command from a shell or something that will fix the boot block or errors on this drive ? without damaging the way it booted before.. not sure what happened although I know we had a few power outages the night before that might of done.. it.. any help appreatiated.. thanks in advance
Similar Threads
-
By Facteur in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 12
Last Post: 05-11-2005, 06:09 PM
-
By smeadows in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-23-2004, 03:15 AM
-
By KChris in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-11-2003, 01:47 PM
-
By Isaacav2 in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 06-26-2003, 10:38 PM
-
By grungy in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-30-2003, 06:03 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

HP PROLIANT TPS-W003 MICRO- SERVER TOWER Gen 8, 16G RAM
$195.00

Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On
$450.00

Supermicro 505-2 Server
$280.00

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00

HP Proliant MicroServer Gen8, 4.5TB, (4) HDD, EXCELLENT COND.
$625.00

Supermicro 1027GR-TSF 1U Rackmount Server 2x Xeon 2.3GHz 128GB DDR3
$219.99

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99

Supermicro CSE-216 No CPU No Ram No HDD Tested & Reset
$149.99

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99