You could try Licq, download it from http://www.licq.org.
Hello there!
Is there any other icq client other then Gaim on Knoppixv3.2? Gaim doesn't upload icq list, right?
Thank you
Felipe Lopes
You could try Licq, download it from http://www.licq.org.
The problem is that I run knoppix from CD, so I guess I can't install any new program...My default OS is win98...
Is there an ICQ client for Linux that does download the contact lists? If there is it really should be added, I really miss not being able to run a good icq client. Sure theres always the java version at http://go.icq.com but it's pretty slow.
i use it and it gave me my friends list
try![]()
Hi!!!Originally Posted by mithrill
For me the best ICQ client for linux ist SIM(Simple Instant Messeger), you should try... and I think it would be nice to have it on the next knoppix version.![]()
Where can this
be found? What is its exact name, please?Simple Instant Messeger
I ask it because google has not found it![]()
You can find it here http://sim-icq.sourceforge.net/
I installed it using apt-get after installing knoppix to the hard drive. Its a good icq client.
For what it's worth, we have Licq 1.2.7 with the qt-kde gui compiled and running under Knoppix 3.2, with no hdd install, just a persistent home directory. The key to getting it to compile and install is all in the paramerters passed to the Licq ./configure script.
Adding --prefix=/home/knoppix will create bin, share, lib directories in the knoppix user's home directory, and install the Licq components there. Also, had to use --with-qt-libraries=/usr/lib The only bit that required borrowing from an outside source was the qt moc program. At least we couldn't find it on the knoppix distro. Copying moc-qt3 from a Debian Woody machine with kde 3.2 to the knoppix home directory, and using --with-qt-moc=/home/knoppix/moc-qt3 let everything compile fine. Licq works perfectly with knoppix with docking in the kde taskbar and all. The obvious differences between this and other installs is that it all ends up in the /home/knoppix directory as opposed to the default /usr/local directory. If running a CD only knoppix with just the knoppix user this works just dandy.
Kopete
www.kopete.org

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00
Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD
$119.99
Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$140.00
Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99
Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays
$799.99
Cisco B200 M3 2x E5-2670V2 10 Core 8x 16GB-128GB Ram Blade Server VIC1240 14900R
$399.00
Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB
$149.99
NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER
$1499.97
Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5" 2x PERC 8, 2xCMC, I/O 1GB Pass Through, 4x PS
$578.08
Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 256GB DDR3 RAM NO HDD
$349.99